• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Hi. New member here. Thinking about pulling the trigger on a TourX .... Any issues I should know about?

aharami

Hi. Just joined this forum. I am considering buying a 2019 TourX with 6.5k miles. Test drove the car and liked it, but wasn't too crazy about the seats or the infotainment. I'm a medium sized guy and just couldn't get comfortable in the seats. Felt like the lumbar support was too aggressive. Are there any issues I should be aware of with these cars?

Also is a 2019 TourX Essence with ~6.5K miles for ~$27k a decent deal? I know Buick was heavily discounting these cars for a while. Not sure if the dealer is motivated enough to negotiate further.

Hoping to make a home here in these forums in the near future!
TIA

ready2fly

Tampa, Florida
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback Preferred II
Did you adjust lumbar support? Mine is adjustable on Preferred II and I find seats very comfortable. The bottom part gets hard if you go for longer trips, but after a 10 minute break I can go for another 4-5 hours easily.

All issues are listed on this forum, just keep reading. You will still get a leftover GM warranty. $27k is a little high, but used car prices generally went up after pandemic started. I would try to negotiate. Regal/TourX are amazing value.

jhedtke

Buick Ownership
Tourx
Hi. Just joined this forum. I am considering buying a 2019 TourX with 6.5k miles. Test drove the car and liked it, but wasn't too crazy about the seats or the infotainment. I'm a medium sized guy and just couldn't get comfortable in the seats. Felt like the lumbar support was too aggressive. Are there any issues I should be aware of with these cars?

Also is a 2019 TourX Essence with ~6.5K miles for ~$27k a decent deal? I know Buick was heavily discounting these cars for a while. Not sure if the dealer is motivated enough to negotiate further.

Hoping to make a home here in these forums in the near future!
TIA
Welcoem! I own a loaded 2018 Essence trim that I bought in February 2020 with 8,000 miles on it for $27,000 and I felt that was a good deal. I don’t know the trim level of the car you were looking at but being a year newer it doesn’t sound too bad.. I’ve been super happy with the car ever since. I will agree the bolstering and seats are made for slimmer people, but I’d rather have that than something that lets me Slide around when cornering. I’ve done several modifications including a tune and re-badging of the vehicle. I currently have H&R lowering springs on order. For the money I think it’s one of the best vehicles around. A great combination of practicality and sportiness. But the best thing is the exclusivity. I get people on a regular basis asking me what it is and where did I get it because They've never seen one before. Now that I have the opal batches on it it gets even more attention We might run into problems in the future if we need replacement parts, especially after an accident, but I’m willing to take that risk.

dlbritton

NC
Buick Ownership
2019 TourX Preferred
Welcoem! I own a loaded 2018 Essence trim that I bought in February 2020 with 8,000 miles on it for $27,000 and I felt that was a good deal. I don’t know the trim level of the car you were looking at but being a year newer it doesn’t sound too bad.. I’ve been super happy with the car ever since. I will agree the bolstering and seats are made for slimmer people, but I’d rather have that than something that lets me Slide around when cornering. I’ve done several modifications including a tune and re-badging of the vehicle. I currently have H&R lowering springs on order. For the money I think it’s one of the best vehicles around. A great combination of practicality and sportiness. But the best thing is the exclusivity. I get people on a regular basis asking me what it is and where did I get it because They've never seen one before. Now that I have the opal batches on it it gets even more attention We might run into problems in the future if we need replacement parts, especially after an accident, but I’m willing to take that risk.

I am not a small person and the seats in my Preferred are fine. The lumbar support does seem to go from not there to poking in my back but I can live with it. This is primarily my wife's car and she noticed the seat belt receiver by the console digs into her leg, but she didn't notice that in a different TourX we drove prior to ordering the one we bought. We think it is just a matter of seat height.

I will keep my eyes open for other TourX or Regal Sportbacks in town. I know the Buick dealer had a few of each in 2018 and none on the lot now so there may be a few around. I like the fact that it is not an SUV and the low ground clearance should help handling.

I posted some pics and comments about my TourX on a skating forum and one of the other members that must have evaluated the TourX but bought a Toyota Venza commented about the lack of a spare tire, low ground clearance, and parts availability. He carries a kayak on a rack on the Venza and apparently hits some muddy roads.

I am hoping not to need body parts and since the engine is manufactured in the US engine maintenance parts should be available.

I am going on the first real road trip this weekend since I took delivery last week. We drove home 80 miles on the interstate but that wasn't much of an evaluation. We are heading to the Blue Ridge Pky in VA so I'll get to see how it handles and play with manual transmission mode.

acaceca

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Regal TourX Essence
Am new here - Stumbled onto the Tourx - never knew it existed. Just bought a new 2019 Essence Tourx and am dumbfounded at what a great car and buy it is. We looked at and drove BMW, Audi, Volvo, Mercedes and most of those cars were in the $55k to $70k range. I paid $26k for the Tourx and it is a MUCH better car. Still can't believe my good fortune. Now I need to find out how to stuff a full sized spare into the wheel well.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Am new here - Stumbled onto the Tourx - never knew it existed. Just bought a new 2019 Essence Tourx and am dumbfounded at what a great car and buy it is. We looked at and drove BMW, Audi, Volvo, Mercedes and most of those cars were in the $55k to $70k range. I paid $26k for the Tourx and it is a MUCH better car. Still can't believe my good fortune. Now I need to find out how to stuff a full sized spare into the wheel well.
Maybe fairer say TourX is +85% of the high priced spreads, at -50% of the out the door cost.
That puts a smile on my face.

aharami

Missed out on this car to someone else. Snooze ya lose! It was a fully loaded Essence. I realized too late how good of a deal that was :(
Anyways, onwards with the hunt. I see some 2018 models still on sale. But if I recall correctly from last year when I test drove a 2018 and 2019 back to back, the 2018's infotainment and screen was much worse than the 2019. Not sure if I'm remembering correctly.

Did Buick put a better screen and/or upgrade the infotainment between the 2018 and 2019? What other differences are there between the two years (looking at Essence trim for now).

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Missed out on this car to someone else. Snooze ya lose! It was a fully loaded Essence. I realized too late how good of a deal that was :(
Anyways, onwards with the hunt. I see some 2018 models still on sale. But if I recall correctly from last year when I test drove a 2018 and 2019 back to back, the 2018's infotainment and screen was much worse than the 2019. Not sure if I'm remembering correctly.

Did Buick put a better screen and/or upgrade the infotainment between the 2018 and 2019? What other differences are there between the two years (looking at Essence trim for now).
Early 2018 are "red needle" meaning they have the old GM infotainment interface, later 2018s are "white needle" meaning they have the same infotainment interface as remainder of production. Personally dealing with a limited run car I'd rather have the radio and its software be the same as it was for the majority of production.

A little irony is that a brand new 2018 will come with THREE free service visits (oil change/tire rotation) while the 2019 will only come with TWO service visits. The 2019 and up also lost the "BUICK" lettering off the the hatch.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
The 2019 has only ONE complimentary service visit. I am still furious about this. But at least, we did not get the even shorter stick that the 2020 got.
2018 and 2019 has 4 year bumper to bumper, while the 2020 has only 3, brings it to the same level as a Chevy.
There are early build 2018 with the QNX based infotainment system, and later build 2018 (and beyond) with android based infotainment system.
To make it more complicated, the early build 2019 has a locking fuel door while the later build 2019 lost that as well. 😓
But, all 2019 and newer has an ionizer cabin air filter.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
The 2019 has only ONE complimentary service visit.
There are early build 2018 with the QNX based infotainment system, and later build 2018 (and beyond) with android based infotainment system.
To make it more complicated, the early build 2019 has a locking fuel door while the later build 2019 lost that as well. 😓
Oops yeah my 2018 came with two and the dealer threw another in to make it three, the 2019s come with one and my dealer would throw in another to make it two.

I do like my dealer but likely there will not be a single damn vehicle at the local Buick/GMC dealer that I give two shakes about in say 2025 when I'm looking for a vehicle again.

aharami

wow these cars are flying off the lots. Was talking with another dealer out of state on another TourX Essence. I would've been willing to fly out, and drive back. Now that car sold also, at $31.5K!!

Vicfirth

Memphis, TN
Buick Ownership
'19 Buick Regal Tourx, '12 Challenger, '07 Magnum, '03 Toyota Matrix, '02 VStrom1000
Early 2018 are "red needle" meaning they have the old GM infotainment interface, later 2018s are "white needle" meaning they have the same infotainment interface as remainder of production. Personally dealing with a limited run car I'd rather have the radio and its software be the same as it was for the majority of production.

A little irony is that a brand new 2018 will come with THREE free service visits (oil change/tire rotation) while the 2019 will only come with TWO service visits. The 2019 and up also lost the "BUICK" lettering off the the hatch.
Not the needle thing again. I have a 2019 red needle with the new infotainment interface.

BklynBuick

I’m circling two ‘19 preferreds near me now - trying to snag one with S&S - it has 1,147 miles and is a CPO but they won’t move off $26.9. I feel like they are at least $1K-$2k high but they don’t want to negotiate.

Macros

Cleveland
Buick Ownership
19 Regal Sportback GS

I've not heard about the locking fuel door. Do you happen to know what the cutoff build date was for that?

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
I've not heard about the locking fuel door. Do you happen to know what the cutoff build date was for that?
Not a clue. Sorry.
I only remember this was mentioned in another thread here somewhere in regards to a service bulletin where the customer complaining about the fuel door not locking.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Not a clue. Sorry.
I only remember this was mentioned in another thread here somewhere in regards to a service bulletin where the customer complaining about the fuel door not locking.
@Macros
Found it.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Given the lack of a gas cap, deleting the locking fuel door was stupid... I know some people were having issues with "my doors are locked and I can't get my fuel door open" but learn to live with it. A locking fuel door is far more important to me.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Given the lack of a gas cap, deleting the locking fuel door was stupid... I know some people were having issues with "my doors are locked and I can't get my fuel door open" but learn to live with it. A locking fuel door is far more important to me.
Reminds me of seeing this picture somewhere online before. :LOL:
1601140236782.png

Get your turbo buick badge right here!