HID alignment issue

Thread starter #1

Sam14GS

Lake Worth, Florida
Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Regal GS & 2015 Camaro SS
I got my drivers side headlamp housing replaced at the dealer (condensation). When driving at night I noticed the drivers side was aimed very low and the light seemed very concentrated (like a beam). I went back to the dealer today and they said they aligned it again. Tonight when I drove it, the drivers side was not low anymore but it looks like a flashlight beam compared to the passenger side. I also noticed when I go over bumps (like the raised reflectors on the road) the drivers side light on the road shakes as if the bulb was loose. When I had the car parked in the driveway with the headlights aimed at the garage door, I could lightly hit the drivers side housing with my hand and you could see the light on the garage shake. It doesn't shake when I do the same on the passenger side. I plan on bringing it back again tomorrow. See pics..

Attachments

Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Regal Turbo Premium I Group
I got my drivers side headlamp housing replaced at the dealer (condensation). When driving at night I noticed the drivers side was aimed very low and the light seemed very concentrated (like a beam). I went back to the dealer today and they said they aligned it again. Tonight when I drove it, the drivers side was not low anymore but it looks like a flashlight beam compared to the passenger side. I also noticed when I go over bumps (like the raised reflectors on the road) the drivers side light on the road shakes as if the bulb was loose. When I had the car parked in the driveway with the headlights aimed at the garage door, I could lightly hit the drivers side housing with my hand and you could see the light on the garage shake. It doesn't shake when I do the same on the passenger side. I plan on bringing it back again tomorrow. See pics..

Honestly sounds like a broken tab my CTS did that whole “shaking while driving” in turn I have a 2015 Buick non-hid at the moment. Definitely following though would love to hear what the dealership has in store to tell you this time

Thread starter #3

Sam14GS

Lake Worth, Florida
Buick Ownership
Honestly sounds like a broken tab my CTS did that whole “shaking while driving” in turn I have a 2015 Buick non-hid at the moment. Definitely following though would love to hear what the dealership has in store to tell you this time
They ordered another housing. After waiting a week, when they went to install it there was a broken tab on that housing. After waiting another week for the part they said its in. Going tomorrow to have it installed.

Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Regal Turbo Premium I Group
They ordered another housing. After waiting a week, when they went to install it there was a broken tab on that housing. After waiting another week for the part they said its in. Going tomorrow to have it installed.
Any answer concerning the difference in strength of both lights. One being like a beam the other well not?

Thread starter #5

Sam14GS

Lake Worth, Florida
Buick Ownership
The 2nd new headlamp housing does the same thing :mad:. Part of the insurance claim (long story) was to replace the cracked housing. I contacted my insurance company and they told me to take it to another dealer to see why this is happening. They said they will pay that dealer as well.
Makes no sense. Did the tech not do a certain adjustment or maybe not install the HID bulb correctly (twice) ?

Thread starter #6

Sam14GS

Lake Worth, Florida
Buick Ownership
I looked at the HID bulb today and I noticed the metal clip, lower right side is loose. The top clip is tight. I checked the passenger side and both top and bottom are tight. Does that clip hold the HID bulb in ? Maybe its not on the bulb correctly. hid1.jpg

Thread starter #10

Sam14GS

Lake Worth, Florida
Buick Ownership
I was able to latch the bottom one. Had to really push the base forward in order for it to latch. Those pictures really helped !!! Saved me from going back to the dealer. When my wife took it to Buick during the week, they told her it need another new housing because the capsule was broken. So if I unlatch the top and bottom metal tab the HID bulb will come out ? Just curious in case I have to change the bulb ;)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.