HID Headlamp turns on then off

byte1inc

Buick Ownership
Enclave
I have a 2013 Enclave. The passenger HID lamp goes on initially for about 20 seconds and then turns off. I have replaced the headlamp. Same problem. I have moved the ballasts from one side to the other. Same problem. No problems with Driver side. Turning headlight switch on and off turns both lights back on, but only for about 30 seconds on the passenger side. I have looked at the wiring schematic and only see 1 splice from the low beam relay to both headlights, so probably not the relay.

Help..Any ideas.

SC Jim

Buick Ownership
Enclave
Sorry I don't have an answer-I do have a very similar problem with my 2014 Enclave. I hope you found the solution and please share that with me! I will post if I find one. Thank you!

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
HID are a little more sensitive to power issues, so a surge or loss of power will trip the ballast. On the one side with the problem make sure all contacts are clean and tight as far as you can in the system. This may not be the fix, but it is one of the problems with the HID.

SC Jim

Buick Ownership
Enclave
Sorry I don't have a solution-I have a similar problem with 2014 Enclave. I hope you got yours resolved and that you will share the results! This is a frustrating ordeal !! (My 1st post of this got accidentally clicked away)

Last edited:

SC Jim

Buick Ownership
Enclave
In reference to my 2014 Enclave HID headlamp problem: I installed a new bulb 3 weeks ago and it solved the problem.
It is still baffling that a bulb can go off and back on!!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.