• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

HID Kit and DRL

JP2783

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I was going to buy an HID kit for my car 2005 Buick Lacrosse. How do i turn off the DRL so that it wont burn up the ballast

Nippa

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I am looking at getting an HID kit too. I read that if you run it from the battery it will work fine?

Thomas Chilton

Knowlton, Quebec, Canada
Buick Ownership
2004 Buick LeSabre Limited, 1980 Shay Model A
You may want to make sure it's legal to install HID on your Lacrosse. As far as I'm aware, it's illegal in the US to install HID on a car with halogen fixtures, even if you retrofit the car with proper HID fixtures. The DOT only recognizes OEM HID lights that were installed at the time of manufacture.

This is because HID projects light in a different manner to traditional halogen lights, and will cause glare if you use them in halogen fixtures.

Unless you can install projector beam headlights on your Lacrosse, you may have a cop or two pulling you over for offenses ranging from too much glare to improper headlight color.

Rennick

Windsor, Ontario
Buick Ownership
Roadmaster
I installed HID's in my '96 Roadmaster over two years ago. They are on all the time as I only have the one headlight bulb, and being Canadian, have DRL's. As long as you buy a realistic colour temperature (ie. 4300k-5000k), the colour is so close to halogen lights that you will never get pulled over for it and they are so bright I can see into the future with them...

JhonSmith

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
You may want to make sure it's legal to install HID on your Lacrosse. [FONT=&quot]HID Kit installed by Acura manufacturing auto mobiles come under the models such as Acura Integra, Acura MDX, Acura RSX, Acura TL, Acura RDX, Acura RL, Acura EL, Acura Vigor, Acura TSX, Acura CL. Acura NSX, are also available with xenon Kit installed onto them. [/FONT]

Turbo Buick Badge