• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Buick owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

High pitch grinding noise

87 Black Beauty

Ft Worth, TX
Buick Ownership
87 Elantra Park Avenue
Ok I have an 87 Buick Electra Park Avenue
I all of a sudden have high pitch grinding noise. Symptoms; only during acceleration, burnt smell only once when I first heard it, smelled gas.
Just dropped tank for fuel pump when I believe it was vapor lock the whole time so maybe the reason for for gas smell.
Burn smell have no clue.
Now before all this I have smelled my antifreeze in the cabin is losing fluid prettyquicklyfor as Lil as I drive...
I love my black beauty it's supposed to be my everyday drive but might have to get another car for that.

LARRY70GS

Oakland Gardens, N.Y.
Buick Ownership
98 Riviera, 70 GS455 Stg1
No one will be able to tell you what this is over the internet. You have to do a minimum amount of investigation yourself. Localize where the noise is coming from. Open the hood with the engine running and listen carefully. Could be the drive belt(s). Could be the brakes or wheel bearings. Smelling burnt coolant in the passenger compartment could be heater core. Is the floor wet?

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!