• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Hose anamoly?

Bingerking

South Jersey
Buick Ownership
'18 Regal TourX
2018 model . Had it for three months, opened hood for first time today to add washer fluid, and saw what looks to be tape on the braided stainless hose towards the front of the engine bay. It looks like garbage and not stock/factory one bit...
1) is this normal
2) can someone post what it should look like
3) what do I call it when I call dealer tomorrow?

Thanks!

Attachments

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
1. Mine looks like that, so I would assume they all came from the factory that way.

2. Since the hose is in close proximity to the turbocharger, and looks like it may rub a little on the turbo's actuator I'm sure that's why they put the heat reflective tape on it.

3. Don't call the dealer. They've probably never seen another TourX.

hoys

Buick Ownership
None
Very much factory. Google other examples before complaining to the dealer please.

Map18TTourX

Buick Ownership
2018 Tourx
that's normal.

That hose is the PVC back to the intake hose. There is a one time connector on it. So don't break it.

I took the hose off to maybe run a catch can. i had to replace that whole hose.

Last edited:

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
that's normal.

That hose is the PVC back to the intake hose. There is a one time connector on it. So don't break it.

I took the hose off to maybe run a catch can. i had to replace that hole hose.
How much was hose assembly?

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
DRTFM
Don't Read This F'n Manual

It's worthless.

But yes... out of habit I check every fill up. Especially knowing the issue about the crankcase filling with gas if you do a lot of short trips.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
DRTFM
Don't Read This F'n Manual

It's worthless.

But yes... out of habit I check every fill up. Especially knowing the issue about the crankcase filling with gas if you do a lot of short trips.
R man is your oil level going up?

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Whah?! New car and you haven’t checked the oil level yet?

RTFM, you’re supposed to check it every 400 miles to check for consumption. How was the oil level?
Going electric, the oil dipstick, will become as common as zirc fittings on vehicles.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
TSB that involves an error code thrown. If dealer finds fuel in oil they put a revised PCV in.

Info is in another thread.
Thanks saw other thread way back, with the new part number.
What is the plan without the code? I take short trips so may explain why oil life system wanted second oil change at 3500 miles and 10 months. I had first free change at 1200 miles, guessing they did not reset oil liife system.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
Going electric, the oil dipstick, will become as common as zirc fittings on vehicles.
Years ago when vacationing in France, I leased (not rented) a Renault Laguna. Although it had a dipstick, never needed to use it because before starting, turned key on, then wait for two or three seconds (before turning key more to start). Oil Level would show up in DIS. I checked it often.

Off subject. The last three Lagunas I leased,(a 1.6, a 1.8 and a 2.0) all manual 5 speeds, had the best and smoothest shifting manuals I’ve ever driven. Just like shifting through butter. (Yes, I can drive manuals, I’m old 😇😍).

Pedal Commander