How are tourx sales

g_358486

Seems to me GM really doesn’t care whether or not they sell the new retails. I love my tourx which I bought in feb... I live on Long Island where every family has 3 or 4 cars but I have NOT seen another one on the road... not one!!!! The car commercials are a joke.. some briefly show the tourx but barely give it any air time... GM has a gem but this will be a short lived car unless they aggressively advertise it...I think Gm is getting out of the sedan business and will let the tourx wither on the vine...I guess it is the old gm after all.... so sad

ntorch

Blandon, PA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I work just outside of Philly and have only seen 2 other TourX's on the road on my daily commute. The only other ones I see (3 of them) are still on the dealership lot where I bought mine.

gobluetwo

A Regular
IL
Buick Ownership
none
Acura TLX, Kia Stinger Significantly Outsell Buick Regal In Q3 2018

And this post is kept up-to-date after quarterly figures are released:
Buick Regal Sales Numbers

I guess the optimistic point of view is that the first year of the previous generation Regal barely sold 12k vehicles with a huge uptick in year 2, so this year is more or less on pace. I don't know what they'd consider "success" in terms of sales figures, but with the Lacrosse being discontinued after the 2019 MY, the Regal is basically the only non-SUV/CUV left in the Buick portfolio.

Last edited:

SpencerK

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
It really just blows me away looking at the sales numbers. Buick has moved 11k units of the Regal, both the TourX and the Sportback, while Teslas is shoving $50k Model 3s out the door as fast as they can make them. I say that as a person who really likes the Model 3. But its a smallish car, small trunk. I realize I'm getting a deal, buying one right now, but even at $35-40k the TourX in particular seems to me to represent a tremendous value, good looking, nice features. It just blows me away that more people aren't interested in a vehicle like this.

Buschb

Buick Ownership
Tour X
Not only good deals, but the car looks fantastic, it's unique

I own 4 Subaru wagons (under 2008), they're great for sure, but now Subaru is putting out cookie cutter vehicles...Not for me anymore

Buschb

Buick Ownership
Tour X
A little mod I think I'm going to do is a front license plate relocation to where the tow hook is, I'm going to hate putting a plate square in the middle of that beauty

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
The Honda Crosstour had checked all the right boxes but it didn't fair to well either. Unless you have a vehicle that can slay Porsche's, have a Interior finish of a Bentley and can handle better than a Audi Quatro it's just another car. The TourX is a good car, but good doesn't mean it's a exciting the interest of buyers, sad because I've owned wagons and think it's one of the best ones in awhile.

ntorch

Blandon, PA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
You're not wrong, but it's about more than checking boxes. The crosstour was not a handsome vehicle. The Buick is gorgeous.
I agree. the Crosstour and it's cousin Acura ZDX were designs only a mother would love.

Skylarkin'

Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
St. Louis, Missouri
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Verano Turbo
No one but we enthusiasts, or someone who was curious enough to check them out after seeing a family member/neighbor/co-worker/fellow churchgoer with one, know(s) they exist since GM refuses to do much targeting advertising about the Regals, save through Facebook.

I think updating the 2014-15 Regal TV ad (the last one I saw that focused only on the Regal) would be a step in the right direction then pair it with ads in the other major ad channels. A second spot/campaign could then focus on the TourX.

While the TourX is currently featured in a Christmas TV ad in my area, the Sportback only appears in ads that show the entire lineup and then usually only in the closing seconds. Within a week, that holiday TourX ad will likely vanish.

So far, I've seen a handful of TourXs and Sportbacks in our region this autumn.

ntorch

Blandon, PA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I wonder where all the leftover 2018 TourX's go after the promotions are over? If they don't sell now, they'll never sell at higher prices. Auctions or CarMax type of dealerships possibly as used cars?

Banto

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence - Dark Moon Blue, 2018 Regal TourX Essence - Rioja Red, 2009 Enclave CXL
We bought a TourX last week because the pricing was so good and we figure we are on borrowed time with a 2009 Enclave with 135,000 miles and the car’s ticking time bomb timing chain. Haven’t met a single person since we bought it who had heard of a TourX. I have only seen one in the wild and it had dealer plates on it. I’ve seen one billboard and no TV ads. Part of me wonders if they have an exit clause in their Opel contract if they don’t sell enough.

Kahuna1963

Buick Ownership
TourX
Not only good deals, but the car looks fantastic, it's unique

I own 4 Subaru wagons (under 2008), they're great for sure, but now Subaru is putting out cookie cutter vehicles...Not for me anymore
I trade you did a new Forrester for a tourx

William Fischetti

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
would love to know GM's thinking on why they are not pushing the TourX....wonder if it is because they don't have a ton of money invested in factories, planning etc since all they do is buy the car from opel...