How are tourx sales

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
When I bought mine in mid October, I had never heard (or seen) a Tour-X. As soon as I saw it, I wanted it.

BTW, you can't sell them if you ain't got them.

89quattro

Buick Ownership
2018.5 TourX
When I was performing my TourX search last month when the incentives were in play I found that most dealers here in the NY/NJ/PA/CT area had new 2018 stock on hand. I was strictly looking for a loaded Essence trim with the updated UI and gage cluster. Most dealers had older builds, in fact, many had Dec 2017 build dates. I also found that there were plenty of black and white vehicles available, but my target was quicksilver metallic.

I don’t think lack of availability is the issue. Clearly GM misfired on the marketing front. Do a quick google search for the term “Buick TourX”, and the first result will be “Buick Regal TourX: Luxury Wagon”. Despite that, I got a nice package in the mail yesterday from Buick, welcoming me to the TourX family, and pointing me to their video ad campaign showcasing a 20 something couple with a canine out and about in a country setting, loading firewood into the back of their TourX, and generally acting like proper Outback owners.

What I find interesting is the 2018 sales numbers…no wonder Bigfoot is sighted out in the wild than TourX’s. Discounting population, 7000 units per year distills down to about 12 units/month for each state.

Going on 3 weeks, enjoying my ownership experience.
…one of the families 2 orange Subaru Crosstrek’s attempting to photo-bomb in the pic below

tourx.jpg

SpencerK

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
That's a beautiful car, I hope it can find some momentum in the market. At least we'll all have known and loved it if it does.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
In October, when I purchased from my local dealer, I saw that the dealer in Ocala had a bright red one with Pano Roof. Really did not want the Pano Roof, and my local dealer (Mt. Dora Florida) gave me a good deal without having to jump through hoops. Every option except Pano Roof.

Btw. I've mostly lived in Lake County (Mt. Dora) for over 23 years, and this is the first car ive purchased in Lake County. I'm fond of telling people that "you can't buy a car in Lake Cointy". Well, you can, but dealers think everyone is rich, (or dumb) living mostly in the upscale retirement area of "The Villages".

I've purchased as far away as Arcadia (145 miles), Melbourne (105 miles), Winter Park (30 miles), Ocala (50 miles) and many more. My local Buick dealer is only about 5 miles from me.

If I decide I don't like their service, (one of their Service Writers is a Dick Head) I will try the dealer in Leesburg (25 miles) or Orlando (30 miles). (FWIW, local dealer Parts Dept is good to me, so far).

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
You got a Tow Hook? I see the bumper slot for a tow hook, but no tow hook supplied with my car.
I doubt they provide tow hook with TourX, owners manual seems to mention points underneath for tow truck use. My ATS had one in trunk but appears TourX has no place to screw into or a hook.

Loodle

Buick Ownership
Tourx
I have had the car for two full weeks today, and almost everyday someone is complimenting me for it or just generally curious about it.

I think Buick blew it with the marketing, trying too hard to be an Outback with the whole Happy Camper thing. I realize the perception of being outdoorsy is popular, and few Outback owners are really driving offroad. But that isn't what this car is. If anything put it out there against Audi and Volvo, don't punch down to Subaru. And this is coming from a guy who traded in an Outback for the TourX and still has a Legacy sedan.

milicz

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal Tour X
Buick sold about 14,000 Regals in 2018 and that is split 50/50 between sportback and tourx.

Not much, but Regal sales are at least up 22% from the year before.
That is much higher than I anticipated, I'm not sure I buy that split. I have a release series gold mica Scion xB that is 1 of 2,500 produced. I see it on the road pretty regularly, at least once a week. I've only seen one other TourX in 2018.

DasWagen

Buick Ownership
2018 Tour x
I think Buick blew it with the marketing, trying too hard to be an Outback with the whole Happy Camper thing. I realize the perception of being outdoorsy is popular, and few Outback owners are really driving offroad. But that isn't what this car is. If anything put it out there against Audi and Volvo, don't punch down to Subaru. And this is coming from a guy who traded in an Outback for the TourX and still has a Legacy sedan.[/QUOTE]

We're enjoying our TourX but I don't think potential Audi and Volvo buyers are cross shopping this car. We have some German friends we're close with, he described Opel as a Ford equivalent in Germany.

Personally, I'm kinda glad I don't see them everywhere. I like having something unique and I was very happy to get almost $12k off the sticker. Big bags of cash on the hood is something else that doesn't happen upmarket.

runeight

Buick Ownership
2018 Tour X
Bought my 2018 in October. Essence package, no sun roof (dislike them) or technology package. (never used it on my last vehicle) Still have mixed feelings on purchase. Maybe because I wanted a truck instead of a wagon?

My dislikes are Malibu style instrument cluster (cheap looking), no shift paddles on sterring wheel, over priced sound system and those gawd awful black wheel well trim. If you have ever seen a picture without those you would understand. Have half a notion to have them removed. Dark tinted windows helped the look.

Yes, it is a nice car. Fit and finish is top notch. Handles well, good power, plenty of room, very stylish. You folks are right, seen only one and talked with the young lady. She liked hers also.

John, Arizona1F2CF740-C855-44B8-883A-B4647F1363C0.jpeg

Last edited:

Buschb

Buick Ownership
Tour X
^^^ I think it's short sighted, but I think they are just testing the waters.
Hell, Subaru just discontinued the turbo in the Forester and paired it with a CVT tranny

We enthusiasts are a small but vocal minority, aka they don't give a shit

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.