• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

How do I get into the trunk with a disconnected battery and closed trunk lid?

TTT

Buick Ownership
2017 Buick LaCrosse
I have a 2017 Buick LaCrosse parked for the winter. The trunk battery was disconnected and I closed the trunk without thinking. No battery power means no working key fob. Can I get into the trunk by way of the back seat to open the trunk lid to reconnect the battery?

Mad*Max

Toronto
Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse CXS, 2019 Corvette Stingray, 2018 Cadillac ATS AWD
I have a 2017 Buick LaCrosse parked for the winter. The trunk battery was disconnected and I closed the trunk without thinking. No battery power means no working key fob. Can I get into the trunk by way of the back seat to open the trunk lid to reconnect the battery?
Dont all trunk locks have an emergency cord to open from the inside?

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
Lol, put your rear seat backs down and pull trunk rip cord...... Does the trunk have its own battery?; I’ve put my Boss 302 up every winter since ‘12 but keep trickle charger on battery. Used to start and run every few weeks but too many dry starts involved; not truly warming up motor or liquids. Don’t forget Stabil in the fuel tank; have had portions of the past years gas mixed with new fuel each year and never a problem. Same with generator in garage even more so.

Last edited:

Regal LTD Coupe

Buick Ownership
1993 Buick Regal Limited coupe 3800 (1991 Cadillac Fleetwood coupe 4.9 & 1990 Lincoln LSC SE 5.0 HO)
Newer cars aren't as simple as older ones. I would absolutely not unplug the battery for any serious length of time in a newer car as the electronics could "forget" important information which could mean an expensive trip to the dealer. I don't care if I have to reprogram radio stations but things are more complicated than that now.

1arnold1

Buick Ownership
Buick
If you can access the hood release then you can use the remote power attach points to connect another battery for temporary power.

Mad*Max

Toronto
Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse CXS, 2019 Corvette Stingray, 2018 Cadillac ATS AWD
They make the starter boost that pugs into the 12v power plug receptacle.
I don't think that they are "live" in the LaCrosse

Pedal Commander