How has the rating for the Buick LaCrosse Been? 2005-2008 Is it a good

ALL4ME

Buick Newbie
car? I like Buicks, even though alot of people consider Buick to be a boring car. I think that they are a little dry,compared to it `s cousin the Cadillac, but at the same time, I think that it has a classy look to it. But i am considering, the LaCrosse CXS, i like the way it looks. Since it first came out in 2005, i have not heard too much about it, but i have heard some good things about the review on it, but not much. So does anyone know from experience how the Buick LaCrosse is?

cream67

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
A fantastically underrated car. My '06 has given me no trouble whatsoever, with smooth creamy 3.8 power, averages 28.5 if driven sensibly, beautiful interior, and an exterior reminiscent of Jaguar styling. What more can I say! I'll gladly answer any other questions you have with honesty.

lesmore49

Buick Ownership
Buick
I've got a 2007 CX. It's been a good car, but it has had a few annoying things like squeaks and rattles. The dealer has fixed them, still a new squeak has shown up. Maybe at the next oil change.

Other than that a very good car, smooth ride, very quiet, love the styling, extremely comfortable.

I do like it's Buick 3800 90 degree V6. The other engines available are the GM dohc 3600 V6 and the 5.3 V8 in the Super.

Super

Buick Ownership
Buick
Look at the Super as well. It can get amazing mileage on the highway with cruise control on. I was routinely able to get 28+ mpg above 70 mph.

white06lacrossecxs

Central California
Buick Ownership
2006 Buick Lacrosse CXS
I have an 06 Lacrosse CXS with the 3.6L engine. Its a great car. I have only had a problem with the intermediate shaft a couple of times which the dealer corrected. I get about 21 to 22 MPG on long trips and 19 or 20 in town. (My city loves stoplights) The one and only down side to this car is that the back seat could have a little bit more leg room.

lesmore49

Buick Ownership
Buick
I've got a 2007 CX. It's been a good car, but it has had a few annoying things like squeaks and rattles. The dealer has fixed them, still a new squeak has shown up. Maybe at the next oil change.

Other than that a very good car, smooth ride, very quiet, love the styling, extremely comfortable.

I do like it's Buick 3800 90 degree V6. The other engines available are the GM dohc 3600 V6 and the 5.3 V8 in the Super.
I've got the same year, same model, same engine, same few issues and I also agree with the poster. The plant that the LaCrosse/Allure was made (Oshawa, Ont. ?) is consistently rated as either the best factory for turning out a quality product, or close to the top for all makers, during the past number of years. The Buick 3800 V6 was rated by JD Power as one of the best engines of the 20 th century.

Redkees

A Regular
Oxford, Ct
Buick Ownership
Buick LaCrosse
I have the 06 CX. Great soft ride. I agree with the earlier posts about the engine. My 3800 series V6 engine has no problem in highway traffic.