• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

How many miles on your LeSabre????

How many miles on your LeSabre

• Total voters

natural gas

metrowest ma.
68K here. I picked it up 11 months ago with 57k on it. I love my Buick. I'm 54 and have a few nice toys with low miles on them, cause I can't get out of my Buick. My buddy's razz me all the time about my old mans buick but when they are riding in to go play a round of golf with the serius radio playing they do note how comfortable it is. Like I tell them the old folks know what to buy for a nice comfort, dependable ride.:D ps: I bought it of the family of a deceased 85 yr old man. Nobody in the family wanted it and I next to stle it of them. LOL

Ed Fenwick

Hawai'i
Aloha,
79K+ on my '98, I had to replace the intake gasket, front shocks and rotors. Drivers window motor also. Not a lot of miles for that much money buy I only paid $1500. for it. The car is very comfortable to drive. I had two friends in it the other day and they both fell asleep. The guy in the back said it was like a couch! I do which that it was more responsive though, It is like driving a couch.
God bless Ed

rdanth

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I voted!! I had a 1989 LeSabre that I sold with over 225000 miles on it. I still own three LeSabre's. My 1993 has 180000+ miles on it, my 1998 has 160000+ and my 1999 has 82000 on it. In my opinion the older the LeSabre the better they were. My 1989 and my 1993 never had any repairs other than a starter or an alternator. My 1998 had the plenum coolant leak problem where the cylinders fill with coolant, an $800. repair for me. My 1999 has had a power window problem and is loosing some coolant and I am afriad an intake plenum repair is coming soon. I'm not sure what is the cause of these intake plenum leaks, but you can find reference to 100's of cases on the internet. It may be the dex cool coolant they switched to or maybe just that they use a plastic part for an intake plenum. Whatever the cause it is souring me and many others on Buick's and the 3.8L engine.

buickrollerz

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
My 1997 just rolled over 170,000 a couple of weeks ago and still runs better than most cars with 100,000 less. Replaced upper intake manifold (extremely common problem) and the bearings on the accesory wheel for AC pump went to hell so I replaced the whole thing but other than that, pretty minor problems.

05SHADOW

Buick Newbie
Albany,MN.
Buick Ownership
LeSabre
I have 178K on mine 1997 LeSabre have'nt had this car long. But the car that the LeSabre replaced was A 1997 Olds Eighty Eight with 270K miles on it.That car had the original tranny and was never rebuilt. Gotta love those 3800 series drive trains.

Shane

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
My 1988Bruick has 69,000

jase386

5.7L LT1 Member
2000 model getting ready to roll to 100k. Bought with 70k no major repairs, just the damn window regulators, going to do the 2nd one tomorrow. And the heated seat, but weve all had that problem

Buick89

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I voted,I have an 89 Buick LeSabre with over 180,000 miles,run GOOD.The only thing is that the "Check Engine Light" is on,got the code for it that read Code 41 or 42 that indicated that the "Cam Sensor Malfunction".I was told that the "Magnet",if not there,would allow the car to start but it stars on a dime,so I have not as of yet got that problem fixed but sooner or later,put a new radio in it,new spark plugs,changed the oil with "High Mileage Full Synthetic Oil" with "Engine Restorer",had back brakes put on,cost around 300 to 400 hundred but it needed to be done.I may need a frontend alighment,but other than that,she run great.Any input on anything I just wrote,fill free to respond.

madman

Buick Ownership
Buick
had a 1990 buick with 225,873 miles on original engine, transmission, and paint running well...

...then one day a cop cruiser decided to hit my car while it was parked, totaling it.

sad, so sad! =(

lillieb

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
193,000 on 1993 lesabre. I bought it 6-7 years ago and it had 55,000 on it at the time. Paid $1900 cash. This car still rides like brand new. Actually rides smoother than my 2000 lesabre.

I'll never have anything other than a buick.

Floridadude

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
139K on a 92

got it with 105K

Fixed - 1 cam sensor magnet
new shocks - abandoned the air ride deal

Only other issue was the wonderful 90's GM fall off the car paint!

Going to drive it till it dies!

Pedal Commander