• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

How much time to replace keyfob battery after low battery warning?

zitsky

A Regular
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick LaCrosse
I'm trying to decide if I should buy some 2032 batteries in advance for my remote. When you get a low battery warning for the remote, how long do you normally have before the battery dies? A week, a few days maybe? I know sometimes keeping these batteries in storage isn't a good idea as they might be dead by the time you're ready to use them.

Terasec

NY
Buick Ownership
2014 Verano
keyfob usually works for quite sometime with low battery,
usually having to get closer and closer to the car for it to work,
by the time i have the keyfob on the hood getting it to work its usually weeks with low battery
and i usually by the 2 pack and keep extra battery in arm rest until i need it,
have never had a problem with dead battery after storing it for a year or so

zitsky

A Regular
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick LaCrosse
OK thanks! So it sounds like it's OK to keep using it once you get the low battery warning. That will give me plenty of time to buy replacement batteries. Does the warning show up on the instrument cluster, I imagine? (REPLACE BATTERY IN REMOTE KEY)

Terasec

NY
Buick Ownership
2014 Verano
OK thanks! So it sounds like it's OK to keep using it once you get the low battery warning. That will give me plenty of time to buy replacement batteries. Does the warning show up on the instrument cluster, I imagine? (REPLACE BATTERY IN REMOTE KEY)
while it may last a while,
gets annoying having to get closer and closer to the car, pushing buttons multiple times etc..
batteries are common and can be found in most auto parts stores and riteaid/cvs type stores, just about most places that sell batteries carry them
pick it up and get it out the way

G-305220

My key fob quit, I put in a good fob battery I saved for an emergency and that didn't help. The whole banana shut down, it said no key detected. I had to have my car towed 30 miles to get the dern thing reprogrammed and a new car battery on because it wouldn't charge either. This is totally stupid to build cars like this, I live 30 miles one way to a dealership and had to take off work two days to take care of this. I have a '56 Ford that doesn't give me any trouble. Maybe there is a trick to some of this but I am a 79 year old woman and not a mechanic and my car is good and it will go but this electronic key "fob" stuff is more than stupid! AND to top it off this fancy smanzy Lincoln gave me no warning the battery was going out.

Benzadmiral

Buick Ownership
2016 Buick LaCrosse 3.6 Premium
What type battery does the keyfob require? The manual says "CR2032"; is that the code to look for at the store?

Fcar1953

Pittsburgh Pa
Buick Ownership
14 Lacrosse Premium AWD 15 Enclave Premium
My key fob quit, I put in a good fob battery I saved for an emergency and that didn't help. The whole banana shut down, it said no key detected. I had to have my car towed 30 miles to get the dern thing reprogrammed and a new car battery on because it wouldn't charge either. This is totally stupid to build cars like this, I live 30 miles one way to a dealership and had to take off work two days to take care of this. I have a '56 Ford that doesn't give me any trouble. Maybe there is a trick to some of this but I am a 79 year old woman and not a mechanic and my car is good and it will go but this electronic key "fob" stuff is more than stupid! AND to top it off this fancy smanzy Lincoln gave me no warning the battery was going out.
Sounds to me that the car battery was the problem not the fob. On my 14 if the fob is dead there is a pocket in the console to place the fob so the car will run. Read the manual, it can teach you a lot.

Pedal Commander