• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

How Rare?

Rk54Strat

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
TourX
Let’s face the facts, there is only one thing worse than being seen driving a mini-van in this country and that’s being seen driving a Buick station wagon. The TourX was also cursed with the Buick name tag. If they just imported the car and hyped the European Opel connection the car would have a been a runaway success.
For the record I traded a minivan in for the TourX

thesyguy

In the wind
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Was in northern New Hampshire last weekend and could not believe the number of people driving around on studded tires already.

Abbott Martin

Buick Boomer
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence DC1, DC2, S&S, Sunroof in Rouge Brown over Ebony
What about awd with great winter tire combo?
Exactly. Same argument for people who say “well a modded Golf GTI is just as quick as a Golf R.”
Yeah…but a modded Golf R is gonna be way faster than a GTI. The grip makes a big difference.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Let’s face the facts, there is only one thing worse than being seen driving a mini-van in this country and that’s being seen driving a Buick station wagon. The TourX was also cursed with the Buick name tag. If they just imported the car and hyped the European Opel connection the car would have a been a runaway success.
And I like both kind of vehicles...
Especially the Buick wagon, as it is such a sleeper that catches other by surprise.

LLninja

Greenback Troll #1
Illini country, surrounded by bean fields
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX Essence
My family is under strict orders to shoot me if I ever buy a mini van. That said, there are no such standing orders for a hot looking wagon. For years I dreamed of owning a CTS-V wagon with a stick shift.

adam728

Buick Ownership
Buick
Surely AWD like on the Buick and winter tyres has to be better then either FWD or RWD and winter tyres. In other words with like for like tyres, the Twinster adaptive AWD will be better.
Exactly. This seems lost on some people, like it can be either/or, not both. BSing with a neighbor the other day and I mentioned winter tire shopping. He could not understand why I'd want them on an AWD car. I mentioned braking, as my wife's old minivan on winters easily outbrakes the TourX on all seasons in the snow. We went back and forth a few times, then he started getting angry it seemed, that I just drive too fast if I need better tires.

Safety be damned, I guess.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
A lot of people seem to forget 2x0=4x0. Tires are the most important thing.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Exactly. This seems lost on some people, like it can be either/or, not both. BSing with a neighbor the other day and I mentioned winter tire shopping. He could not understand why I'd want them on an AWD car. I mentioned braking, as my wife's old minivan on winters easily outbrakes the TourX on all seasons in the snow. We went back and forth a few times, then he started getting angry it seemed, that I just drive too fast if I need better tires.

Tell them they don't need a helmet when they got the shoulder pads. :ROFLMAO:

stembridge

Buick Ownership

2019_ss-snow-spoonriver.jpeg

My former Chev SS Sport Sedan (rear wheel drive, 6mt, 415+ HP) was my DD when we lived in Central IL. I had absolutely no problems in snow and ice running dedicated X-Ices (and driving prudently). The only time it got dicey was when the roads were warm enough to be wet (not icy), as the Michelins did worse on wet than the all-seasons on my wife's minivan. Easy to get sideways (not that I considered that a bad thing in that car).

es

x10003q

Buick Ownership
2019 GS
People forget that AWD is better than FWD/RWD when the roads are wet - a way more common occurrence than ice. Generally, all season tires are better in wet than snow tires. Here in NNJ it snows about 20"-30" per year. The main roads are usually clear within hours. There is no real need for snows in this area. We use an SUV for heading north during the winter for skiing. The SUV gets highway snows, although we rarely need snows, even in VT.

FYI - the separate rims for the SUV snows were $650 (used). The tires were $1100. They also cost money to swap them twice a year and they take up a ton of room in my garage. The snows last 2-3 seasons. The cost for snow tires vs paying for AWD is roughly the same. For many years I did not have a garage and I did not have snow tires, just AWD.

The best thing for dealing with weather is our own judgement.

RegalMN

Minnesota
Buick Ownership
'18 Regal Sportback Essence
Swapping/storing winter tires is just not something I'm ever gonna do.

I'm honestly shocked to hear so much talk about winter tires here. I've lived in Minnesota my whole life and only have met one person that used winter tires.

LLninja

Greenback Troll #1
Buick Ownership
View attachment 33125

My former Chev SS Sport Sedan (rear wheel drive, 6mt, 415+ HP) was my DD when we lived in Central IL. I had absolutely no problems in snow and ice running dedicated X-Ices (and driving prudently). The only time it got dicey was when the roads were warm enough to be wet (not icy), as the Michelins did worse on wet than the all-seasons on my wife's minivan. Easy to get sideways (not that I considered that a bad thing in that car).

es
Curious which part of central IL you were located as I grew up in Peoria, live outside of Champaign Urbana after a 6 year stint in chicagoland.

LLninja

Greenback Troll #1
Buick Ownership
Swapping/storing winter tires is just not something I'm ever gonna do.

I'm honestly shocked to hear so much talk about winter tires here. I've lived in Minnesota my whole life and only have met one person that used winter tires.
With a floor jack and my trusty dewalt impact wrench and a torque wrnch I can swap my own tires in about 15-20 min.

stembridge

Buick Ownership
Curious which part of central IL you were located as I grew up in Peoria, live outside of Champaign Urbana after a 6 year stint in chicagoland.
We lived about an hour from Peoria on a small farm. Retired from Caterpillar last year and moved back south to be close to our grandkids.

I took both my SS and Cosworth Vega to the Peoria C&C numerous times.

es

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
With a floor jack and my trusty dewalt impact wrench and a torque wrnch I can swap my own tires in about 15-20 min.
Honest question. Have you been able to identify where is the jack point?
I have not been able to locate it yet.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners