• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

How Rare?

abizzle

Sustaining Member
Baton Rouge, LA
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback Essence
No offense but we've gotten completely...
:offtopic:
I was thinking yesterday (no jokes, please), would it be a worthwhile idea to create an off-topic section within this forum? I’m a member of an LSU forum and we have an Off-Topic Lounge that seems to work very well. It’s inevitable that conversations will veer off in different directions, so rather than discourage that dialogue maybe we can move it to a separate section.

Good idea or no?

LLninja

Greenback Troll #1
Illini country, surrounded by bean fields
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX Essence
We lived about an hour from Peoria on a small farm. Retired from Caterpillar last year and moved back south to be close to our grandkids.

I took both my SS and Cosworth Vega to the Peoria C&C numerous times.

es
I grew up in Peoria, but neither of my parents worked at Caterpillar. My dad worked for the State, my mom for St. Frances Hospital. I lived in chicagoland for 6 years then moved to the Champsign/Urbana area, now living 20 min outside of Champaign in the country. What is this Peoria C&C you are referring to?

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
I was thinking yesterday (no jokes, please), would it be a worthwhile idea to create an off-topic section within this forum? I’m a member of an LSU forum and we have an Off-Topic Lounge that seems to work very well. It’s inevitable that conversations will veer off in different directions, so rather than discourage that dialogue maybe we can move it to a separate section.

Good idea or no?
I honestly don't know how a lounge works. How does one know that the rabbit hole topic has gone to the "lounge?"
Threads going off the rails is not unheard of here but seems to be much more prevalent in past few months. Some user discipline would be helpful. Start a new thread or respond to an existing one that is more relevant. Stickies / pinned topics would also be helpful so new threads are not started for old topics that have already been beat to death.

Last edited:
Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

LLninja

Greenback Troll #1
Buick Ownership
Honest question. Have you been able to identify where is the jack point?
I have not been able to locate it yet.
I haven’t tried yet. I just bought my TourX in June, and the snow tires I’m referring to went to my Chevy Volt. Since the bolt sizes are the same between the two cars I plan to slap my 17 inch wheels onto the TourX and check for brake/wheel clearance. So unless the offset is way off I think I’m good since the tires are slightly smaller by 11-12mm and the added lift of the TourX would easily offset the overall height drop by adding smaller tires.

LLninja

Greenback Troll #1
Buick Ownership
I honestly don't know how a lounge works. How does one know that the rabbit hole topic has gone to the "lounge?"
Threads going off the rails is not unheard of here but seems to be much prevalent in past few months. Some user discipline would be helpful. Start a new thread or respond to an existing one that is more relevant. Stickies / pinned topics would also be helpful so new threads are not started for old topics that have already been beat to death.
Guilty as charged. I don’t think a lounge is a forum feature… I’ve seen in other forums where they just create a “totally off topic” forum thread where people can chat about anything. I announced my retirement and talked about my recent TourX purchase in such a three in the GM-volt forum. So if a moderator could create such a thread, we could chat about non-Buick things there and moderators could move threads that veer off topic there.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Guilty as charged. I don’t think a lounge is a forum feature… I’ve seen in other forums where they just create a “totally off topic” forum thread where people can chat about anything. I announced my retirement and talked about my recent TourX purchase in such a three in the GM-volt forum. So if a moderator could create such a thread, we could chat about non-Buick things there and moderators could move threads that veer off topic there.
Do you mean one like this? Already exists here.

1631619801157.png

abizzle

Sustaining Member
Baton Rouge, LA
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback Essence
Do you mean one like this? Already exists here.

View attachment 33141
Yeah, or at least something similar. This is the first time I’ve seen it because 99% of the time I use the same browser window or tab on each device. If I’m starting a new session I’ll enter the forum through the main landing page, but the Lounge is so far down the page I would never see it.

A sticky would increase visibility, but it would need to appear on the index page for the Sportback/TourX forum or it likely won’t be seen. This site is segregated and each forum has its own core group of people that pretty much keep to themselves. I know I don’t spend any time in other forums, nor do I know anyone in other forums. What I‘m getting at is maybe each forum should have its own off-topic section because the threads will be somewhat related to discussions from each forum.

Does that make sense or am I just overthinking it?

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Yeah, or at least something similar. This is the first time I’ve seen it because 99% of the time I use the same browser window or tab on each device. If I’m starting a new session I’ll enter the forum through the main landing page, but the Lounge is so far down the page I would never see it.

A sticky would increase visibility, but it would need to appear on the index page for the Sportback/TourX forum or it likely won’t be seen. This site is segregated and each forum has its own core group of people that pretty much keep to themselves. I know I don’t spend any time in other forums, nor do I know anyone in other forums. What I‘m getting at is maybe each forum should have its own off-topic section because the threads will be somewhat related to discussions from each forum.

Does that make sense or am I just overthinking it?
If it can be done it's a question for the moderator. The Encore section is more segregated by sub forum topics, more like other forums I've participated in. Makes it easier to find things usually, but I can see it being more work for the admins if they actively moderate it and really move posts to the correct place.

Alternately I'd imagine a user could just start an off topic thread in this forum. If it is used frequently enough it will stay near the top and people posting in it will get notification of new posts if they are set up right.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
If it can be done it's a question for the moderator. The Encore section is more segregated by sub forum topics, more like other forums I've participated in. Makes it easier to find things usually, but I can see it being more work for the admins if they actively moderate it and really move posts to the correct place.

Alternately I'd imagine a user could just start an off topic thread in this forum. If it is used frequently enough it will stay near the top and people posting in it will get notification of new posts if they are set up right.
Well now I know I'm supporting the off topic-ness but I'd love to see a little more subdivision in this forum. I think it would make it easier on the newbies so we wouldn't end up with 5 threads covering the same topic.

RegalMN

Minnesota
Buick Ownership
'18 Regal Sportback Essence

Good idea or no?
I frequent the Minnesota Gopher message board. It has an off topic area that ends up being a lot of nasty political talk. I never go there and I think the mods here would want to consider if they want to monitor that before creating something like that.

ZB Commodore Owner

Hamilton, New Zealand
Buick Ownership
2019 Holden ZB Commodore RSV Liftback 3.6 AWD
I think things are fine just as they are. Very often trying to solve one problem just brings about a whole lot of other problems.

We just need to recognise that we shouldn't stray to far or too long off topic otherwise start another thread.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
I think things are fine just as they are. Very often trying to solve one problem just brings about a whole lot of other problems.

We just need to recognise that we shouldn't stray to far or too long off topic otherwise start another thread.
I have bigger things to worry about In my life to let it bother me much but I respectfully disagree and I’ll leave it that. The threads are all over the place lately.

LLninja

Greenback Troll #1
Buick Ownership
Well the Buick forums lounge is boring. I posted, nobody replied, and it seems to be filled with folks trying to advertise parts that we could buy.

lLePunisherl

Buick Ownership
Buick Regal gs 2019
Well now I know I'm supporting the off topic-ness but I'd love to see a little more subdivision in this forum. I think it would make it easier on the newbies so we wouldn't end up with 5 threads covering the same topic.
Maybe adding a delete option for a start thread will help to solve this problem.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners