• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

How Satisfied Are You With Your Regal ?

How satisfied are you with your regal ?

• Extremely

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • Very

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Just Ok

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Not Satisfied

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I want my money back

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rockwelll

Buick Ownership
Buick
How satisfied are you with the performance/reliability of your Regal.

1) Extremely

2) Very

3) Just OK

4) Not Satisfied

5) I want my money back

FenderBender

Buick Ownership
Buick
Performance is good. Reliability remains to be seen.

Build quality sucks. Loose door handle, rattles like a snake, bluetooth sucks.

NewTekBuzz

Flint Area
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal T07
I've had this car now for a week.... I spend 2 hours a day or more in this car, I love it. The layout of the "infotainment system" could use some work... MPG should be better.
I have no regrets! I looked at the ford taurus and the vw CC. as soon as I seen and priced the regal I never looked back. this car takes the place of pontiac in my eyes.
as far as reliability... time will tell 4yr/50k is a good start :)

Tim

JWM

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
This Is A Buick?

Have 600 miles on my Regal Turbo T04 option package. Love the car. Previous car was a 2005 M-B C320 4-Matic with 48,000 miles on it. Got sick of M-B service costs, small trunk and mediocre acceleration. Drove Optima, Sonata, Fusion, Passat. Had a '12 VW Passat TDI on order. Had second thoughts about maintenance costs and diesel fuel. Dealer had no problem tearing up $500 credit card slip.

I drove the Regal Turbo last. I'd never considered a Buick, but read various good reviews about it. Local dealer let me take one home and my wife, after a lengthy test drive exclaimed "This is a Buick?"

Handling, steering, seat adjustment, fuel economy, trunk all a major improvement. Build quality, Oshawa plant, simply outstanding. Small "thunk" on right side at under 30 mph on rough pavement and Aisin transmission seems slow to go from park to reverse (some rollback after taking foot off brake). Appointment tomorrow to go over this.

Only things I'd change or add is push button start, Homelink and an inside button to open the trunk. I'd say great job done by GM.

rockwelll

Buick Ownership
Buick
Re: This Is A Buick?

Have 600 miles on my Regal Turbo T04 option package. Love the car. Previous car was a 2005 M-B C320 4-Matic with 48,000 miles on it. Got sick of M-B service costs, small trunk and mediocre acceleration. Drove Optima, Sonata, Fusion, Passat. Had a '12 VW Passat TDI on order. Had second thoughts about maintenance costs and diesel fuel. Dealer had no problem tearing up $500 credit card slip.

I drove the Regal Turbo last. I'd never considered a Buick, but read various good reviews about it. Local dealer let me take one home and my wife, after a lengthy test drive exclaimed "This is a Buick?"

Handling, steering, seat adjustment, fuel economy, trunk all a major improvement. Build quality, Oshawa plant, simply outstanding. Small "thunk" on right side at under 30 mph on rough pavement and Aisin transmission seems slow to go from park to reverse (some rollback after taking foot off brake). Appointment tomorrow to go over this.

Only things I'd change or add is push button start, Homelink and an inside button to open the trunk. I'd say great job done by GM.

What did you think of the Optima you test drove assuming it was the SX model ?

gda882002

Buick Newbie
ohio
Buick Ownership
Buick
New regal owner here, silver 2011 cxl,,so ive had the car 5 weeks now and have put 1150 miles on it ive heard the cold start raddle a few times. i love the interior i hate the painted wheels and im hoping as the engine breaks in the power improves at this point i hate ! the preformance its a slug .
i love the way the car handles i think the manual shift mode is goofy the responce from the shifter imput is way way to slow! the look of the car is what turned me on inside and out but time will tell

Merls

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Russelsheim T07 with manual tranny, had it 5 weeks and 6K miles. Getting between 33.4 and 34.1 mpg at 75 mph on highway, around town getting high 27 to over 28 mpg.
Nav interface need work. This car is fun, quiet and comfortable on long drives. Sound system is very good. I have no funny noises or rattles. My wife told me we would never buy a Buick when I told her we were going to drive it (being manual drivers we have had Saab's, Audi's, VW's..etc.). After seeing it in person, she thought it was very good looking and sporty looking. After driving it and other cars we drove it was her favorite, good thing too, because it was my favorite and my car.

goobee

Sunny California
Buick Ownership
2011 Opel Insignia CXL T07
I hated the 2008 Camry XLE I traded in for the Regal. Rode terrible, squeaked, rattled, expensive and other dislikes. Wife got tire of me bitching and said I could trade it in.

Loved the Regal since day one, minor quibbles with no trunk release, placement of power door lock switch, no Homelink and clunky GPS controls. Only outstanding issue at this point is the tranny which I have some reservations about.

Ryde

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I like my Regal Very much!

I purchased a TO7 Regal T a few weeks ago and have been loving it!

The only things that I am unhappy with are...

1) Since it came with the 19" wheels, I feel the bumps more than I did with the 18" wheels when I test drove it. (it looks nicer with the 19" though imo)

2) I've been having a bluetooth issue, which is extremely annoying when your bluetooth goes out in the middle of a call or when you try to make a call and its just not in the mood to let you.

3) No remote start option :(

Other then those few minor things, this is my favorite Buick since I was a young kid and in love with the Grand National! It looks nice and drives just as good, can't ask for more than that!

goobee

Sunny California
Buick Ownership
I like my Regal Very much!

I purchased a TO7 Regal T a few weeks ago and have been loving it!

The only things that I am unhappy with are...

1) Since it came with the 19" wheels, I feel the bumps more than I did with the 18" wheels when I test drove it. (it looks nicer with the 19" though imo)
Sounds like you won't be up grading to the 20" wheels of the GS then. :p

CenterStRegal

West Virginia
Buick Ownership
2011 Regal CXL Turbo
Extremely...to this point...I had the pleasure of hand washing it Saturday evening...after all it's not official till the laying on of the hands,,,I too wish it had a built in garage door opener and a remote start...and easy access to mats...splash guards you know like GM stuff...but at 545 miles...so far so good:)

goobee

Sunny California
Buick Ownership
Extremely...to this point...I had the pleasure of hand washing it Saturday evening...after all it's not official till the laying on of the hands,,,I too wish it had a built in garage door opener and a remote start...and easy access to mats...splash guards you know like GM stuff...but at 545 miles...so far so good:)
That's great to hear. I bitched at my last car, a 2008 Camry XLE every time my wife got in (she wanted a damn Japanese car). She relented and said I could trade it in on something I wanted. Now she wants to drive "MAH" car instead of her Japanese minivan.

I keep wanting to tell her "When you pry the steering wheel from my cold dead hands!" :headbang:

CenterStRegal

West Virginia
Buick Ownership
2011 Regal CXL Turbo
With 545 miles showing I'm happy as a lark,,,the problem thus far has been getting mats and body molded splash guards...the mats have been almost two weeks coming from Weather Tech...splash guards from ebay...not sure I will like them...wait and see...but the gar is excellent so far...oh, and thanks for all the good ideas from the forum

bpwilmoth

Buick Ownership
Buick
2011 CXL Turbo T05 Russelsheim. No major complaints. I may have the HK Amp reprogrammed, as it does that goofy volume up/down thing randomly. I love the exterior looks, the interior is beautiful although the radio controls and door lock controls take some getting used to. I wish it had remote start and Homelink. The motor seems to be losening up a bit the more I drive it too.

I Really like the car.

Pedal Commander