• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

How To: Oil Change on Regal TourX

ChibiBlackSheep

Southeast, PA
Regal TourX Essence | Moon Blue Metallic
As promised, I said the next time that I was going to do an oil change, I would take pictures along the way.

First up, the necessities. 6 quarts of 5w-30, and your oil filter. I'm using an AcDelco PF663 here, but you should use the stock AcDelco PF64. I'm going to switch back to the PF64 on my next change. The PF663 doesn't wow me like I thought it might.

IMG_20190511_123312.jpg

Next, you get the car up in the air. Using the jack, I go in behind the front tires and lift 1 side at a time. The crossbar to lift the whole front is behind the kick-plate that we haven't removed yet. I highly recommend these ESCO jackstands. I love the circular pad on them.

IMG_20190511_123339.jpg

Here is where I put my jackstands

IMG_20190511_123921.jpg

Next you want to grab a 13mm socket and remove the kick-plate. The 2 back screws you just loosen, and the front 2 you completely remove. Then the kick-plate drops down and slides off the back 2 bolts. This gives you access to your filter and drain plug.

IMG_20190511_124546.jpg IMG_20190511_124627.jpg IMG_20190511_124834.jpg

Here's the drain plug (15MM) and filter.

IMG_20190511_124912.jpg

Then you just drain, clean up, put in the new oil filter, close your oil pan back up. Then put in your 6 quarts of oil. Start the car and make sure you have no more leaks, and then put the kick-plate back on.

IMG_20190511_125155.jpg IMG_20190511_125823.jpg MVIMG_20190511_130739.jpg

Very easy to access everything :)

saab93driver

2019 TourX
As promised, I said the next time that I was going to do an oil change, I would take pictures along the way.

First up, the necessities. 6 quarts of 5w-30, and your oil filter. I'm using an AcDelco PF663 here, but you should use the stock AcDelco PF64. I'm going to switch back to the PF64 on my next change. The PF663 doesn't wow me like I thought it might.

View attachment 15624

Next, you get the car up in the air. Using the jack, I go in behind the front tires and lift 1 side at a time. The crossbar to lift the whole front is behind the kick-plate that we haven't removed yet. I highly recommend these ESCO jackstands. I love the circular pad on them.

View attachment 15625

Here is where I put my jackstands

View attachment 15626

Next you want to grab a 13mm socket and remove the kick-plate. The 2 back screws you just loosen, and the front 2 you completely remove. Then the kick-plate drops down and slides off the back 2 bolts. This gives you access to your filter and drain plug.

View attachment 15627 View attachment 15628 View attachment 15629

Here's the drain plug (15MM) and filter.

View attachment 15630

Then you just drain, clean up, put in the new oil filter, close your oil pan back up. Then put in your 6 quarts of oil. Start the car and make sure you have no more leaks, and then put the kick-plate back on.

View attachment 15631 View attachment 15632 View attachment 15633

Very easy to access everything :)
Do you need a replacement drain plug gasket?

Zaxer

MKE
2018 Regal TourX
Will have to familiarize myself with the jack points, but I love those jack stands as well - work great for my BMW with jack pads.

Great tutorial - thank you!

saab93driver

2019 TourX
I really like those stands, I have a very old school set from Western Auto not nearly as nice. For oil change though I usually ramps to elevate during oil change. I have a low profile set that works well with lower cars.

ChibiBlackSheep

Southeast, PA
Thanks all :)

I never got into ramps. My Dad always used them, I much prefer Jack and stands. Feels safer to me, and that's the most important part of working on a car haha

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
2018 TourX
I use ramps until it comes to tire rotations. Then I'll use the back of the subframe as a jack point but not the frame.

When will you start transmission flush and fill?

saab93driver

2019 TourX
Just my 0.02, only thing tricky about ramps is driving up on them. Once up on them the car isn’t going anywhere. I just find it easier than going from side to side with a floor jack and stands for oil change.

JoeBlog

Buick Newbie
Wichita
1967 Wildcat Convertible, 2019 Regal TourX Essence
I’ve yet to get under mine, but I appreciate this write up. The belly pan is something that’s good to know about in advance; I’ve never dealt with one on my other cars. I do like to get under my cars at least once a season, just to check around for things that might need attention (I’ve found loose connections and a kinked brake line once on my other cars). I’m thinking that when I just feel the need to look at things, I’ll buy a QuickJack. I don’t get around as easily as I used to after a year of chemo, and it looks like it’s easier than trying to place the jack head and stands in the perfect place around the car.

mymaestro

Regal TourX
QuickJack is awesome, but they are very heavy to move around, even with the casters/wheels. Still, they take less time than a floor jack and jack stands to get the car in the air, and are more sturdy (IMO). Makes for a very quick tire rotation. Can't wait to get the TourX in the air and check out the underside!

ChibiBlackSheep

Southeast, PA
Those ramps look pretty nice but are awfully expensive. I'm curious if my Camaro would clear them. My low profile jack even hits the air dam of my Camaro.

I've been wanting a quick jack for a while, especially for my project car, to keep it in the air for extended periods of time while I slowly work on things. Just so hard to justify the cost.

Steve F.

Potential TourX owner
I’m surprised the engine bay isn’t sealed better underneath. The belly shield doesn’t go back that far leaving the back of the engine/transmission exposed. And the shield itself has multiple medium sized cutouts. I thought for aerodynamic purposes everything is supposed to be sealed tight.

ChibiBlackSheep

Southeast, PA
I’m surprised the engine bay isn’t sealed better underneath. The belly shield doesn’t go back that far leaving the back of the engine/transmission exposed. And the shield itself has multiple medium sized cutouts. I thought for aerodynamic purposes everything is supposed to be sealed tight.
Pretty sure this is just to protect the oil pan and filter, not really for aerodynamic reasons.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!