How to program remote for second driver

CaptainBruce

Buick Ownership
99 Park Avenue
I have a 1999 Park Avenue. My daughter lost the key with remote for the second driver. I have purchased a used #2 remote but cannot find anywhere how to program it. I can program the #1 driver remote no problem, but can't find any instructions anywhere how to program the #2. My local Buick dealer wants $140.00 to program it! No way.

Anyone know how to program the second driver remote? The remote has a number "2" on the back.

CaptainBruce

Buick Ownership
99 Park Avenue

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Sounds to me you are confusing pairing of the remotes with Driver 1 and Driver 2 preferences for each remote, that is covered in your owners manual. See page 2-11. For instance memory seats are programmed for each remote on page 2-92.
If you dont have the owners manual you can download it.

Last edited:

CaptainBruce

Buick Ownership
99 Park Avenue
Sounds to me you are confusing pairing of the remotes with Driver 1 and Driver 2 preferences for each remote, that is covered in your owners manual. See page 2-11. For instance memory seats are programmed for each remote on page 2-92.
If you dont have the owners manual you can download it.
Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it. I do know how to program the driver 1 and driver 2 preferences, The problem I have is programming the driver one remote and driver 2 remotes. Thus when you unlock the car with the driver one remote the seats, mirrors, radio setup is done for driver one. When you unlock the car with the driver number two remote, the seat, mirrors and radio switch to the driver two preferences. I know how to program the remote for driver one. How to program the remote for driver two is the issue.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Again, the owners manual tells you. The car recognizes which is 1 and which is 2 after you program the two to be recognized following the instructions in the link. Step 7 tells you to program additional remotes to be recognized. You then take the remotes and follow the instructions in the manual for the Driver 1 and 2 preferences which is totally separate from having the car recognize the two remotes.
Did you read the pages I pointed out?

Last edited:

CaptainBruce

Buick Ownership
99 Park Avenue
Again, the owners manual tells you. The car recognizes which is 1 and which is 2 after you program the two to be recognized following the instructions in the link. Step 7 tells you to program additional remotes to be recognized. You then take the remotes and follow the instructions in the manual for the Driver 1 and 2 preferences which is totally separate from having the car recognize the two remotes.
Did you read the pages I pointed out?

CaptainBruce

Buick Ownership
99 Park Avenue
Okay, I will try it. I will report back to you today. thanks for your assistance.

CaptainBruce

Buick Ownership
99 Park Avenue
Okay, I will try it. I will report back to you today. thanks for your assistance.
Thanks for your help guys. I decided to follow the standard instructions to program one remote then within one minute do the second one. It worked this time! The number two remote makes the seat, mirrors and other default to the driver number two adjustments. I am delighted.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!