• If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense...

How to Remove the Glove Box Door Lock Cylinder

Tardigrade

Buick Ownership
2005 LaCrosse
I had to buy a new glove box door for my 2005 LaCrosse and couldn't find directions on how to remove the lock cylinder from the old latch to put into the new one. I finally had to figure it out myself. Here's how I did it:

Insert the key and rotate it as far as it will go clockwise. Look on the side of the cylinder housing on the inside of the latch handle. There is a small slot with a silver metal tab in it. This tab is a stop for clockwise rotation. With a tiny screwdriver, press the tab in, and rotate the key further clockwise and wiggle and pull the cylinder out with the key.

douger

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick LaCrosse Touring
Remove the instrument panel compartment latch. Refer to Instrument Panel Compartment Door Latch Replacement.
Insert the key into the instrument panel compartment lock cylinder.
Rotate the instrument panel compartment lock cylinder clockwise to the 3 o'clock position with the key.
With the key in position, apply a light load and depress the retainer tumbler through the poke hole at the left hand side of the instrument panel compartment latch.
Object ID: 641556Click here for detailed picture of the image.
Rotate the key until the instrument panel compartment lock cylinder rotates to about the 5 o'clock position.
This will line up the notch at the rear of the instrument panel compartment lock cylinder with the tab in the instrument panel compartment latch housing.
Remove the instrument panel compartment lock cylinder from the instrument panel compartment latch by pulling on the key.

Installation Procedure

Position the instrument panel compartment latch fork bolt in the up position.
Grasp the instrument panel compartment lock cylinder. Depress the rear-most, light-colored tumbler that is flush with the instrument panel compartment lock cylinder surface.
Insert the key.
All the tumblers will now stay depressed.
Insert the instrument panel compartment lock cylinder, with the key inserted, into the instrument panel compartment latch housing.
Rotate the key counterclockwise until the key stops.
Remove the key, the tumblers will now release.
The instrument panel compartment lock cylinder is now locked into the instrument panel compartment latch housing.
Install the instrument panel compartment latch. Refer to Instrument Panel Compartment Door Latch Replacement.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry. I didn't read your whole post.

G-46951

I had to buy a new glove box door for my 2005 LaCrosse and couldn't find directions on how to remove the lock cylinder from the old latch to put into the new one. I finally had to figure it out myself. Here's how I did it:

Insert the key and rotate it as far as it will go clockwise. Look on the side of the cylinder housing on the inside of the latch handle. There is a small slot with a silver metal tab in it. This tab is a stop for clockwise rotation. With a tiny screwdriver, press the tab in, and rotate the key further clockwise and wiggle and pull the cylinder out with the key.
Excellent description! It took less than a minute to remove & replace! THX!