How to repair air line to rear shock

imidazol97

Top Dog
I broke the nylon line coming out of the old shock trying to pry the end out of the old rusted shock.

How can I repair this?

I know that Monroe sells a kit of lines for cars that don't have the air lines already
so I can get the end from that. Somehow I should be able to connect that stub end
to the broken line that's from the compressor.

Is there an easier way or easier source?

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
IIRC, the plastic line is 1/8" O.D. Click Here for the fitting to connect, or extend the hose from the compressor.

BTW, the air line hose kit is Monroe Part #AK29.

scoharri

Buick Newbie
Tonopah, AZ
Buick Ownership
2003 Buick Lesabre Custom
What's the easiest way to access the air compressor? My guess is to go through the passenger side rear wheel well.
Thoughts?

imidazol97

Top Dog
Sorry I didn't reply earlier.

It's above the muffler under the floor of the trunk on the right side. The muffler will
make it difficult to get at it.

I suspect the whole unit can be removed for easier access after the metal
cover #16 is removed. The cover is horizontal with bolts #15 facing toward the front
of the car. I just took a look under my 03 to see where it was. I hadn't noticed it
while underneath to replace my emissions Vent Valve. Now I know why I didn't see it.

I'll check my factory service manual and post more if I learn anything more.

http://parts.nalleygmc.com/images/parts/gm/fullsize/051205GM07-105.JPG

imidazol97

Top Dog
IIRC, the plastic line is 1/8" O.D. Click Here for the fitting to connect, or extend the hose from the compressor.

BTW, the air line hose kit is Monroe Part #AK29.

Got the 1/8x1/8 in line connector from Amazon for about $3 along with the AK29 kit from Monroe on Amazon for $9. I have Amazon Prime so no shipping other than the Prime fee yearly.

The kit has two lines with the proper plug in for the
shocks. The rest of the kit is useless for our purposes because it's made to connect the two open ends of the line into a T and the T is put into a hole drilled up into the trunk floor, for example, so it can be used to put air into the shocks from an air supply for tires. The T has a shraeder valve inside and a cap to put over it just like a tire valve stem.

The slick on connector is best thing since slice bread.

G-908654

I don't know how you did it. I bought the 4mm connectors from Amazon and they are too large for the air line. I found some 1/8" brass coupler at Ace Hardware but is is too large also. I tried an electrical butt connector from NAPA with shrink tubing and that worked for one side, the other side failed. I'm thinking the brass will hold the alignment and I can epoxy the line to the brass coupler. The Monroe or Dorman kits don't work for the Buick as the compressor has a double output in 1 connector. The replacement line from GM is $140.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!