• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

How to replace side view mirror on 2012 LaCrosse

richardnewton

Buick Ownership
Buick
I did passenger side mirror a few months ago. Thought I posted a summary but must not have. A few tips I can remember:

- The GM OEM mirrors and housings are superbly engineered. Don't get aftermarket; either buy OEM from GM or from junkyard. OEM mirrors also have a lot of foam to reduce road noise.

- Used OEM complete mirror cost me about $75 shipped.

- There are glass replacements if you just want to replace the glass. Removing the glass takes extreme care or the glass will shatter so use caution.

- If you are just replacing glass, non-GM mirrors may be lower quality. I replaced outside mirrors on another car and the thinner non-OEM glass was a bit wavy...rather irritating.

- There are a large number of replacement mirrors based on car options, color, side, lights, alerts, etc. See RockAuto link to help you make right choice.

- Replacement of the mirror was quite easy and I avoided taking the entire door apart. See buickforum links below

Replace mirror turn signal on 2012?

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/buick,2012,lacrosse,3.6l+v6,3015542,body,outside+mirror+&+glass+assembly,1304