How to replace the rubber insulator on engine cover

imidazol97

Top Dog
The engine cover on my 2003 has a prong that sticks through a large hole in a metal bracket at the back. The prong used to have a rubber cover that kept it from rattling against the metal bracket.

How can I replace that rubber insulator? I haven't checked with Buick parts counter but rockauto and gmpartsgiant don't seem to have anything. I suspect it comes only with the whole beauty cover.

I could make one of duct tape.
I could use PL polyurethane caulk/glue to build up a replacement. It might be a little hard and rattle.

Other ideas?

Enslow

Vancouver BC
Buick Ownership
1997 Buick LeSabre
What about plastidip? It may crack off too easily, I don't know. Could you epoxy a piece of cut 3/8" hose in there?

redmondjp

Buick Ownership
Buick
Simple. Leave the cover off. Every car that I have had with an engine cover, well, the cover always ends up in the garage somewhere until I sell the car.

You can spot coolant leaks and other problems much easier w/o that stupid cover on there. And rodents love those covers too and will scratch the foam out of the underside to use in their nest elsewhere.

If you have any junkyards around you there should be no problem getting one of those rubber pieces - they used that same cover for several years back into the 1990s.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!