HU for Anyone Who Parks Near/Under Trees

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
Just a heads-up...in case you haven't noticed, there's a channel under the roof rails that can clog with tree crap - leaves, seed pods, helicopters, etc. I just spent an extra 15 minutes with a high-pressure hose blowing that stuff out of each side. The soap coming out was brown for a good while — so there was a lot under there from only about 6 weeks of spring here in KC.

Next time I'll likely use the garden hose as the pressure won't be as tough on my clearcoat. Thought some others might like to know so you don't collect all that and then have issues down the line.

JoeBlog

Buick Newbie
Wichita
Buick Ownership
1967 Wildcat Convertible, 2019 Regal TourX Essence
I know... after years of parking in my driveway, nearly all of them hassle free, my NEW Buick that’s BLACK has attracted so much debris and bird crap that I finally broke down and put it in the 2-car garage (it’s 75 feet in reverse down a 10’ wide driveway between the house and the privacy fence to get there, and historically, NOTHING gets closer than 2’ to my Wildcat). I understand that the channel is to allow movement for the roof racks, so I won’t be filling them with the stuff I use on the jets I build. But if I could...

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX 2019
Thanks for the heads up, Pacer. I was glad to see it was something from the tree going through pano roof glass. Thinking about that now that I'mm getting closer to use the roof rack - I better be careful putting racks and stuff up there.

JoeB's Wildcat is so cool from the one picture I saw - if there's more pics somewhere, I'd love to see 'em

JoeBlog

Buick Newbie
Wichita
Buick Ownership
1967 Wildcat Convertible, 2019 Regal TourX Essence
Gorgeous ride! Feel like I could dive in for a swim in that paint - what shine goodness do you put on it to keep it looking great?
The truth? I’ve never waxed her. I use a car duster on her whenever she goes outside, but otherwise, I’ve never so much as washed her. She (her name is Rose), lives in the garage under a cover unless it’s top-down weather or we’re going to a car show. I know that sounds a bit hard to believe, but I’m pretty picky about where and when she comes out to play, and no, she’s not a trailer queen.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.