• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

HUD randomly stopped working - 2013 lacrosse

dmcollins57

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I was just wondering if anyone had any issue with their hud randomly failing. I have not had any issues with the hud until one day it would not turn on. It was always bright during the day and never seemed like it was dim. The page function worked, height adjustment, brightness, but one day when I turned the car on, the hud would not turn on. It seems like the controls still work because I can see and hear the motor inside for the height adjustment work when I push the buttons.

I was just wanting to know is there any way to diagnose this? Any tips at removing the hud module? Unfortunately I haven't purchased the service manual for this vehicle and always hated removing dash components without any guide. Any help would be awsome. Thanks.

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
That’s a reflection/projection of coarse. Have you cleaned lens at all; located in dash ahead of speedo hump. Mine’s in the recessed section there, pretty sure.

dmcollins57

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Finally have been able to get back on here. Looks like the backlight for the hud has burned out. I was driving one day towards the sun and it just happened to reflect light in the assembly a certain way that I could see the speedometer actually working. So it looks like whatever is used for a backlight is no longer working. Now I have to go and see how to replace the hud assembly. Does any one have any guide on how to replace it? I'm really hoping I don't have to remove the entire dash.