• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

HUD stopped working...

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
HUD is a must have for me along with cooled seats. I agree about shale interior colors of TourX vs black GS interior. But so many missed opportunities in the TourX to put it up a notch or two.

Stupid used car market, I found and made an offer on the perfect lowish mileage twin turbo V6 CT6 Sport with all the must haves and then some but can’t bring myself to pay $6K more than it really should be worth. That might be why they have had it for 3 months.
Probably better grab it before its gone and/or money becomes worth less and/or worthless.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Split the difference and make offer, all he can do is say no or yes.
PS Or maybe.
Ha, I tried to get them (large Chevy dealer) to just go lower, They wouldn’t budge. I don’t have a trade-in either and would not be financing the car which I think they weren’t really happy about. I’ll just keep searching.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Ha, I tried to get them (large Chevy dealer) to just go lower, They wouldn’t budge. I don’t have a trade-in either and would not be financing the car which I think they weren’t really happy about. I’ll just keep searching.
If thats as rare a vehicle as I think it is, good luck on finding another equipped like you want. Finance thru them then change financing or try to bypass salesman and have wife talk to manager or owner get salesman cut out of it.
PS Don't listen to me if they have seen your wife... plus I just increased my meds. Plus salesman need money too, I try to deal with sales manager first time in.

Last edited:

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Didn't mean to get in your business saab93..
I assume vehicle is in Caddy/GM certified pre owned program, and if so they give you a extra year unlimited mileage past the original Caddy warranty plus some other perks...so thats a plus.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Didn't mean to get in your business saab93..
I assume vehicle is in Caddy/GM certified pre owned program, and if so they give you a extra year unlimited mileage past the original Caddy warranty plus some other perks...so thats a plus.
It's not CPO, it's one owner lease turn in, nothing weird in its carfax report but for some reason not a CPO, which was one of my gripes on their price I brought up with them because it is same price I have seen similar CT6's going for with CPO.

In that configuration with the twin turbo 6 cyl it's a not a really common car but they not super rare either. The ones that are out there that are 2019+ I've seen for sale are all lease turn ins so possibly more will come available as other leases end. If they still are sitting on the car later this month maybe I revisit it with them. If it were one of their SUVs or an Escalade it'd be gone by now but it's a big Cadillac sedan so it's a limited demand audience, usually their value drops like a rock but seems even for these not so much in this current market.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
It's not CPO, it's one owner lease turn in, nothing weird in its carfax report but for some reason not a CPO, which was one of my gripes on their price I brought up with them because it is same price I have seen similar CT6's going for with CPO.

In that configuration with the twin turbo 6 cyl it's a not a really common car but they not super rare either. The ones that are out there that are 2019+ I've seen for sale are all lease turn ins so possibly more will come available as other leases end. If they still are sitting on the car later this month maybe I revisit it with them. If it were one of their SUVs or an Escalade it'd be gone by now but it's a big Cadillac sedan so it's a limited demand audience, usually their value drops like a rock but seems even for these not so much in this current market.
The way things are going with a senile old man and a moron that would take over it's really hard to predict anything except we are F'ed. I just paid $3.65 for reg at Costco, prem over 40 cents more. Average people are gonna run out of money, so car sales may crater.
Moped and electric bike sales may get crazy. Might be good to wait awhile for purchase unless financing.
PS Thinking it would probably be smart to get a electric bike before price and wait time goes up.

Last edited:

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Well power is out, suicide cord has moved to top of to do list. Gonna have to get Ms. Westinghouse out and get this suicide cord ready.
Sounded like transformer blew.
If you dont hear from me, the suicide cord worked.
My UPS won't keep me connected for much longer.
PS Power came back on in time to make toast with my bacon and eggs.

Attachments

• 20220304_112218.jpg
    20220304_112218.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Profasr

Buick Ownership
2020 Regal GS
HUD is fixed!!!
Big shout out to McGovern Buick for the outstanding job and care given to me as a customer. They had the car for a week due to parts availability issues and gave me a 2022 Envision as a loaner (which was a very welcome surprise) - As the entire dash had to be removed to get to the HUD, they were able to address that annoying rattle in the dash that so many of us have experienced. While they were in there, they noticed that the plug for the HVAC compressor was not attached properly and replaced that for me. From the service writer to the tech's who did the work, everyone was professional and courteous. I know there was a thread about horrid dealer experiences and I had one at the Buick/GMC dealership in Norwood, MA - I gave these guys a try and I couldn't be happier. Your results may vary, some assembly required, yadda yadda yadda.

BenD

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
My turn to have HUD issue, still have the reflection on the windshield but I’m not able to change the info, height and brightness! Looks like the switch, just happened after the care wash person clean the inside and I’m guessing that he used the tornado cleaner over the switch!

Got appointment in 2 days a my dealership, cross my finger that it’s not the whole unit and they have to remove the dash because after that it will become a rattles source !!!

LLninja

Greenback Troll #1
Illini country, surrounded by corn fields
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX Essence
My turn to have HUD issue, still have the reflection on the windshield but I’m not able to change the info, height and brightness! Looks like the switch, just happened after the care wash person clean the inside and I’m guessing that he used the tornado cleaner over the switch!

Got appointment in 2 days a my dealership, cross my finger that it’s not the whole unit and they have to remove the dash because after that it will become a rattles source !!!
At least you had an HUD. it wasn’t even an option in the US TourXes

Greeno

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Just reading this old thread. An issue on the vette and grand prix huds I came across was the spring clip would break or melt through on a hot day. Hud would be stuck aimed so high you couldn't see it. Fix was pulling the cluster and opening it up, sliding the spring to the thicker part of the bracket with careful resizing of the spring end. Saved pulling the dash to get the whole hud out. Hope this helps someone searching if you can get to the hud that way.