I don't know where to jack up my Century besides the pinch welds

bs669

Buick Ownership
Buick Century
Hello fellow Century owners, I'm going to be changing my transmission fluid and radiator tomorrow. But I don't know where to put the jack stands, I could place them on the pinch welds but they look bent. I need to remove the motor mounts for the engine to get to the radiator as well and I don't want the engine dipping, was wondering where could I place the jack safely under the engine??

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
What year Century 1973, or 2003? Later models had a K frame that is the best place to place a jack. Don't use the oil pan as an lifting point of the engine without a board of some sort to help distribute the weight and prevent damage to the pan itself.

CorvairGeek

3.8L Member
The Gem State
Buick Ownership
1996, 92 Buick Century
What year Century 1973, or 2003? Later models had a K frame that is the best place to place a jack. Don't use the oil pan as an lifting point of the engine without a board of some sort to help distribute the weight and prevent damage to the pan itself.

The jack stand in use is under the car is resting in the reinforced jacking pad of the '82-'96 body. I lifted it under a reinforced area of the engine cradle to allow me to put the jack stand in place. The '97 to '05 car is similar. Do look very carefully before lifting. There are fuel and brake lines very close to the front lifting pad on the driver's side of this '96 model.

Attachments

• Lift Point.jpg
    Lift Point.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 6

bs669

Buick Ownership
Buick Century
Thanks for taking the time out of your day to reply people, I feel like I've been getting lucky so far haha. I've been trying to find videos on where I could put the jack for the front and back regions but nothing. What I did when I changed the oil was put it under the circular mount looking things just behind the wheel. When I see how to videos on YouTube I see people have the jack and jack stands all over the place though

Get your turbo buick badge right here!