I have a gremilin

John Wyssman

Buick Ownership
2000 Buick park ave
So I have a 2000 buick park ave with every option on it to make it an ultra with out the leather seats and super charger. I think I have a electrical prob, but don't know. My cruise works but the light does not come on, my temp gage says at cold, but thermostat has been changes. On the gauge cluster, tire pressure oil pressure temp sensor and oil life read ????. When it all reads ???? The Ac does not work. Ot is intermitten, sometimes it all works with the valley key, sometimes not, sometimes works with my original key, most of the time not. Any ideas?

John Wyssman

Buick Ownership
2000 Buick park ave
well, stopped at autozone battery os great, alternator is great. Bought a new ground end for the bboy. Removed the bolt that held the ground d stud, removed the paint under it, greased both that and both batt terminals. So far driven twice since then and the gremlin has not re appeared. Tjanks for your all advice. Ill post again if it shows its face.

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (Supercharged)
I haven’t read any responses, but your issue sounds like it could be a few simple but very problematic causes

my first question. Do chimes work? Leave the headlights on, key in ignition, turn signal indicator on for more than a quarter mile(have to drive with it on to see this),
Does your trip odometer work? And does it keep mileage between ignitions. An easy way to determine is to reset on a fuel fill, then see if the mileage is realistic next time.
Does your mileage seem accurate?
Do you experience any drive ability issues?

Does your car have the original IP cluster? The question I’m getting at is does your car have the RPO for a driver information center which is UH8 and Ub7. It may be possible to have one and not the other, but confirm you have at least UB7. a cluster for DIC and warning indicators CANNOT be used in a car without the provisions. Infact one of the signs of this is a lot of phantom, unrelated seeming issues because the cars data stream is designed to function without that hooked into it, requesting, decoding, sending data etc.

Finally, does your bulb check work at key on for all warning, indicators, and status messages? That would include cruise and all blocks of the digital display for the DIC and mileage etc.

Also, for note, a rear defroster that is burnt out at the connector can still light the indicator on the climate deck. So you would need to verify in fog or snow/ice to know your grid works. I’d think some ice cubes held on the glass with it on or a infrared thermometer would quickly help determine function here in June.

Unless it’s cold or snowy where you live, which if that’s the case tell me where you are and I’ll come look at your car because my god it’s been hot (joke)

some of my earlier questions may seem irrelevant Or vague if they seem relevant based on your response I’ll tell you how and why. This is as a courtesy to others because reading my essays is, get this, not what people want to do Everyday.
I know this was kinda an essay but I’ve been absent a week or so, needed to get my park avenue fix

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (Supercharged)
The OP solved it by doing the basics as he stated in post #22. ;) :D
good, glad i could come in at a time to claim i saved the day with no proof to back it up but feel as cocky as if i actually did

just kidding. hopefully it stays as a record for future viewers to comment on in 8 years as if its a current thread.

Buickguy123

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
93 Park Avenue SC Ultra 2000 Century Limitedd
So I have a 2000 buick park ave with every option on it to make it an ultra with out the leather seats and super charger. I think I have a electrical prob, but don't know. My cruise works but the light does not come on, my temp gage says at cold, but thermostat has been changes. On the gauge cluster, tire pressure oil pressure temp sensor and oil life read ????. When it all reads ???? The Ac does not work. Ot is intermitten, sometimes it all works with the valley key, sometimes not, sometimes works with my original key, most of the time not. Any ideas?
My first car was a 77 AMC but not a Gremlin rather a Hornet. Ugly tan thing but did the job. Easy to work on...lol

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners