• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

I have road Speed Limits in my DIC and as a choice on my HUD!

x10003q

Buick Ownership
2019 GS
I went for my first oil change and asked them to fix the DIC. I now have the current speed limit in my DIC and it is one of the choices in my HUD. Amazing! They did not update my infotainment to 22.xx. I still have a 21.xx and it works.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
I went for my first oil change and asked them to fix the DIC. I now have the current speed limit in my DIC and it is one of the choices in my HUD. Amazing! They did not update my infotainment to 22.xx. I still have a 21.xx and it works.

Keep the 21.xx. My 22.9 operating system still has problems with the SXM Audio presets graying out.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Did you not have this feature before? It has always been present on my '19 GS.

Mine is at the dealer now for service and some TSB stuff. The software will be getting updated, so I may report in and share what it's at once I have it back.

x10003q

Buick Ownership
2019 GS
Did you not have this feature before? It has always been present on my '19 GS.

Mine is at the dealer now for service and some TSB stuff. The software will be getting updated, so I may report in and share what it's at once I have it back.
I never had it.

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
HUD...must be nice... *sigh*

Kevin GS

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
I did not know this was even available. My wife’s Lexus has it, but my GS doesn’t, made me mad that GM couldn’t have it show up in the HUD. Wonder what they did if no SW update was done?

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Like I said before, my GS has always had this feature, but here's where it's at after the dealer updated the software: IMG_20200803_220745.jpg IMG_20200803_220819.jpg

I even have Amazon Alexa on my home screen now. I don't have an OnStar plan so it doesn't function.

Wag0n

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence | 2019 Envision Essence
Does anyone have the TSB for the update to 22.10?

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Sooo...

Alexa shows-up on 22.10? Also good to know.
I have Alexa on 22.09. So far for voice searches and locations works much better than the old setup, or for at least the couple times I have used it.

Considered adding the HUD but was looking kind of pricey unless maybe there's a donor car out there. It's a great feature, though. I guess the windshield is also special on the HUD cars if it is like other HUD car I had.

Macros

Cleveland
Buick Ownership
19 Regal Sportback GS
Is there somewhere you need to enable the Speed Limit functionality to show in the DIC or HUD? I didn't have it on 21.175 (I think that's what it was before my update) and it's still not there on 22.10. I'm just cycling through the Info pages on the HUD and I don't see it. I get "what's playing", compass, and tachometer pages (along with distance indicator) but that's about it.

Kevin GS

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Is there somewhere you need to enable the Speed Limit functionality to show in the DIC or HUD? I didn't have it on 21.175 (I think that's what it was before my update) and it's still not there on 22.10. I'm just cycling through the Info pages on the HUD and I don't see it. I get "what's playing", compass, and tachometer pages (along with distance indicator) but that's about it.
I just had my software updated to the latest release per the TSB yesterday. I now have the option available. You have to go into the cluster settings page and select "speed limit" option. The marked road speed limit will show up in the upper left of the cluster screen. If you want it in the HUD, you need to cycle through the HUD options using the HUD controls. You can either have RPM, Radio or Speed Limit showing in the HUD which displays under the actual live MPH. Unfortunately, it is a one or none option as you cannot have speed limit showing with RPM at the same time as an example.

Keep in mind, this works with NAV, so you need to have an active OnStar account for this to work.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
I just had my software updated to the latest release per the TSB yesterday. I now have the option available. You have to go into the cluster settings page and select "speed limit" option. The marked road speed limit will show up in the upper left of the cluster screen. If you want it in the HUD, you need to cycle through the HUD options using the HUD controls. You can either have RPM, Radio or Speed Limit showing in the HUD which displays under the actual live MPH. Unfortunately, it is a one or none option as you cannot have speed limit showing with RPM at the same time as an example.

Keep in mind, this works with NAV, so you need to have an active OnStar account for this to work.
Wait, the nav needs OnStar to work? What??

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Wait, the nav needs OnStar to work? What??
Nav works without Onstar. For 2018.5 white needle car though you need to pay for connected services (not full Onstar) to get live traffic showing on the map as well as gas prices and to be able to send destinations to the car remotely. I've read earlier models (red needle) the live traffic comes through XM subscription.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Nav works without Onstar. For 2018.5 white needle car though you need to pay for connected services (not full Onstar) to get live traffic showing on the map as well as gas prices and to be able to send destinations to the car remotely. I've read earlier models (red needle) the live traffic comes through XM subscription.
That is what I thought. Glad to know it works like that. :)
The QNX based system gets traffic from XM.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
That is what I thought. Glad to know it works like that. :)
The QNX based system gets traffic from XM.
It really bites you have to pay for traffic on either. My aftermarket Pioneer Nav head unit in my Element uses free live traffic updates that are broadcast over FM/HD signal and seems to be just a accurate as the pay subscriptions. Of course on the nav apps in Carplay it's free so long as the data on phone is unlimited.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
It really bites you have to pay for traffic on either. My aftermarket Pioneer Nav head unit in my Element uses free live traffic updates that are broadcast over FM/HD signal and seems to be just a accurate as the pay subscriptions. Of course on the nav apps in Carplay it's free so long as the data on phone is unlimited.
For those that has XM to begin with, it doesn't suck as bad.
But the new UI that requires the OnStar live traffic subscription is robbery.

Red_X

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Preferred Sport Red/Shale - red needle
I thought Connected Services was free for 10 years. Not with '19s?

Get your turbo buick badge right here!