• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

I must be mental!

RavenRandt

Buick Ownership
18 TourX essence
Flying from Omaha to Nashville to test drive a Tourx.
If I pull the trigger, it will be an 11 hour drive back home!

I have been searching for a long time for my perfect car. Learning about the different models, options, packages, etc. I became particular (wayyy too picky) about what I wanted and what I didn't want. I finally found one that ticked all the boxes, but it is definitely not conveniently located!
I have purchased many cars in my day, but is there anything I should give particular scrutiny during my inspection?

I will post an update upon my hopefully triumphant return!

floydwaters

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Dude no worries. Flew from jersey to Illinois to buy mine. Drove it back and so sad...was able to stop in Louisville to see how much room the wagon could haul back:)

dlbritton

NC
Buick Ownership
2019 TourX Preferred
You should have no problem with an 11 hour drive.

My wife and I drove from central NC to Manhattan, KS (KSU) for 5 summers in the 90s, 1 in a rental Cutlass station wagon and 4 in a Mazda 626 5 door hatch and the TourX would definitely be a more enjoyable trip than either of those and they weren't bad.

I usually drive 12 hours to Vermont each December for a week ski training trip and was really looking forward to taking the TourX but the clinic was a victim of COVID. Maybe COVID will be behind us next December and I take it then.

We plan to take a grand tour of the Rockies next summer (if possible) driving from NC to Yellowstone, SLC, Las Vegas/Hoover Dam then back through Texas/LA to visit relatives. I would have hesitated making such a trip with our Subaru but look forward to it with the TourX.

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I have purchased many cars in my day, but is there anything I should give particular scrutiny during my inspection?

Here's a few links to start with:

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Yes...yes you are. But with that said I think we all must be a little mental. The good thing is the car will make it a great drive for you. Hope it is everything you are looking for and your search can end.

jclin4

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX Essence
If you have ever travelled to Europe (or perused a European/UK auto magazine), noticed their cars and thought,"wish we had that available in the U.S", well through some weird fluke you can actually purchase one here, albeit from only 2-3 model years.

Idano

Buick Ownership
Preferred Red Needle TourX
Flying from Omaha to Nashville to test drive a Tourx.
If I pull the trigger, it will be an 11 hour drive back home!

I have been searching for a long time for my perfect car. Learning about the different models, options, packages, etc. I became particular (wayyy too picky) about what I wanted and what I didn't want. I finally found one that ticked all the boxes, but it is definitely not conveniently located!

I will post an update upon my hopefully triumphant return!
Well....lovers of the long roofs are usually weirdos or geezers.

94cruiser

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
not yet
I once bought a car on eBay.

hopped on a plane and flew from Chicago to Philadelphia.

the dealer picked me up with the car on a flatbed.

My checked in baggage included some spare clothes and basic tools.
Drove it back home. And an oil change on the way.

Rueme

Buick Newbie
Colorado
Buick Ownership
Buick 2018 TourX Essence
I'm a weirdo and a geezer, and I love my TourX, you won't be disappointed! What year is it and what equipment does it have?
I bought mine early this year, a 18 Essence and drove from Madison to Denver for the break in trip, what a great wagon on the Interstate!

Billib

Buick Ownership
TourX
If it makes you feel any better, i rode a train from Richmond to west palm beach (about 20 hours, went all over the carolinas) to buy a bmw motorcycle to ride home. Ride back was much more pleasant.

Tbruce06

Buick Ownership
Regal tourx
Have the dealership replace the battery as a part of the deal. Members have had problems with the battery because of the time the cars sits on the lot. Batteries for our cars are $200 plus.

RavenRandt

Buick Ownership
18 TourX essence
UPDATE!
The dealer in Nashville notified me that they had sold the car before I left. I didn’t put a hold on it, so they had every right to do so. Not upset at all. I wasn’t looking forward to that long of a drive!
One appeared on the radar closer (4 vs 11 hour drive) with less miles (10k vs 25k).
2018 essence red needle, rioja/ebony has DC1, DC2, S&S, all weather mats, cargo area protector and most importantly, no moonroof! (I have a pano roof in my current car and just don’t care for it)

VIN was run through:
CarFax
NICB
VehicleHistory
iSeeCars VIN check
All came back clean.

The a/c line looked clear of any rubbing issues. The spare area was dry, all rubber was in good condition with no cracking. Reverse grid lines active.
All other things one should check when looking at a used car were good.

I was satisfied with price and finally, after a very long search, pulled the trigger! *the crowd goes wild*

The drive home was a learning experience. It got dark and I didn’t know where the headlight switch was! *panic ensues* The lights were set to “auto” and turned themselves on (whew).
K.I.T.T. or Christine remains to be seen.

Many inches of snow falling today, the awd was helpful and dedicated snow tires are in the future.

slevinbaddog

Buick Ownership
tourx wagon
last week i drove from ny to Indianna to get my tourx. You have to go where the cars are... people keep asking me why i went so far, most dont realize that there only a 100-200 of these cars for sale in the entire country and then if you want certain specs and features, that number goes down. There were only about 30 essesnce cars that i was looking at.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
You are going to fall in love with those headlights!

jeffcam1211

Buick Ownership
20 Regal GS, 12 Regal GS (past)
As said before,, the used market is incredibly tight for Regals, they are few and far between. Hopefully it'll help resale. Luckily for us, GM built to demand and didn't over-produce to keep the lines running.

Anyways, I may have you all beat. I flew from Mi to FL on a Friday morning, picked up the car at 11am and drove straight back home to MI. Got back home at 7am Saturday morning. 1200 mile drive.... I reeeeaaaally wanted a '19/'20 GS only in the white pearl (not red and def not black).

It would have been much better if I could have made a small vacation of it with the wife but, you know, covid.

Last edited:

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
I almost did the same trip to Florida last year until the dealer wants to do credit check and have me pay the down payment over the phone BEFORE I even see the car in person.
That put me off completely, even though it is my 1st choice of colour.
Refundable deposit, sure.
Down payment AND credit check? Hard pass.

Macros

Cleveland
Buick Ownership
19 Regal Sportback GS
As said before,, the used market is incredibly tight for Regals, they are few and far between. Hopefully it'll help resale. Luckily for us, GM built to demand and didn't over-produce to keep the lines running.

Anyways, I may have you all beat. I flew from Mi to FL on a Friday morning, picked up the car at 11am and drove straight back home to MI. Got back home at 7am Saturday morning. 1200 mile drive.... I reeeeaaaally wanted a '19/'20 GS only in the white pearl (not red and def not black).

It would have been much better if I could have made a small vacation of it with the wife but, you know, covid.
We may have been competing for a 19/20 GS. I was looking for a fully loaded one in white frost as well and the closest I could find was 1100 miles away from me. Covid wasn't kind to what was available for GS's on the market. In April, there was like 40+ available nationwide (all colors and years), but August when I bought...it was down to about 8.

Seemed like every time I found one closer to me, it sold before I could go test drive. So I threw caution to the wind and bought unseen and just had it shipped to me. It's surprising how much these cars seem to depreciate when there's quite a bit of demand out there.

jeffcam1211

Buick Ownership
20 Regal GS, 12 Regal GS (past)
I almost did the same trip to Florida last year until the dealer wants to do credit check and have me pay the down payment over the phone BEFORE I even see the car in person.
That put me off completely, even though it is my 1st choice of colour.
Refundable deposit, sure.
Down payment AND credit check? Hard pass.
When I first contacted my dealer I offered a small deposit and said "I can be there in 3 weeks". They told me they couldn't accommodate that in case another buyer came along. Instead, they tried to get me to do the deal remote and either hold it till I arrived in FL or deliver to MI for $800 bucks sight unseen. I wasn't willing to do that. I decided instead to just wait and see. Luckily, 2 weeks passed and no takers. We wound up arranging everything over the phone but they held the paperwork until I arrived and inspected the car. Sure enough, it was exactly as described in like new condition.

I did have my return flight home booked just in case something didn't go according to plan.
We may have been competing for a 19/20 GS. I was looking for a fully loaded one in white frost as well and the closest I could find was 1100 miles away from me. Covid wasn't kind to what was available for GS's on the market. In April, there was like 40+ available nationwide (all colors and years), but August when I bought...it was down to about 8.

Seemed like every time I found one closer to me, it sold before I could go test drive. So I threw caution to the wind and bought unseen and just had it shipped to me. It's surprising how much these cars seem to depreciate when there's quite a bit of demand out there.
I leased a Blazer in March when I was originally shopping bc I got a great deal and the Regal incentives on '20's stunk. I decided I didn't like driving an SUV and flipped the Blazer on leasehacker.com after 6 months of ownership in September. With the wife and I working remote, we were able to get by with 1 car for a few months while I shopped for my GS. Point is, when I found the right deal on the right car, I was able to move on it and didn't have the added hassle of another car to sell/trade-in which made things much easier.

I do think the used market will catch up with GS's just bc they are so rare, depreciation may plateau and values will hold somewhat, I hope at least!

Last edited:
Get your turbo buick badge right here!