I NEED A CENTER ARMREST - Any ideas?

sbartek

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick Encore 2016
I just bought a 2016 Buick Encore and really like it! The ONLY thing I do not like about it is that it does not have a center console/armrest. The last few vehicles we have owned all had the center armrest and we are starting to notice how much we miss it. The driver seat has a small armrest but the passenger none - my wife is usually in the passenger seat and reaches her arm over to use my armrest on the driver's side. Just wondering if anyone has come up with a way to install a center armrest or has any ideas on what can be done?? If I can figure out a way to install an center armrest I will be very happy! I do not have an engineer mind but there has to be a solution or something that can fitted.... Please send any ideas or suggestions. Thanks

Foursoors

Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Encore Convenience
Can't help you. I don't even use the drivers armrest. Somehow it's more comfortable for both of us if it's up.

KSDeputy

NE Kansas
Buick Ownership
Buick Encore
You can buy a center arm rest, it is an after market item, and you have to screw it over the rear of the existing console.

TheAirman

Buick Ownership
2013 Encore Premium
I just bought a 2016 Buick Encore and really like it! The ONLY thing I do not like about it is that it does not have a center console/armrest. The last few vehicles we have owned all had the center armrest and we are starting to notice how much we miss it. The driver seat has a small armrest but the passenger none - my wife is usually in the passenger seat and reaches her arm over to use my armrest on the driver's side. Just wondering if anyone has come up with a way to install a center armrest or has any ideas on what can be done?? If I can figure out a way to install an center armrest I will be very happy! I do not have an engineer mind but there has to be a solution or something that can fitted.... Please send any ideas or suggestions. Thanks
There's really not much out there that will really work. I've been hunting for one myself also. Try ebay or aliexpress. They seem to all come from China.

That's what everyone says when they ride with me. No armrest over there. It seems they all have something to say about the lack of a passenger armrest in my "luxury" Buick. I wish Buick made a custom add on accessory we could buy. They would sell a million of them.

boborambow

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I find it weird that Buick hasn't released an add-on. Mini did this same type of thing except they had no arm rest at all. But for $300 or whatever, you could add it on as an option.

Also, I tried searching the forum but I don't see any mention of this. Has anyone tried this arm rest:
http://koreanautoimports.com/buick-encore-interior-center-console-arm-rest-storage-unit/

I've never heard of that website but the arm rest looks amazing. I like how it just sits on the ground so people with leases can easily remove it. Web Of Trust says the site is trustworthy. The price is pretty high too.

TheAirman

Buick Ownership
2013 Encore Premium
I find it weird that Buick hasn't released an add-on. Mini did this same type of thing except they had no arm rest at all. But for $300 or whatever, you could add it on as an option.

Also, I tried searching the forum but I don't see any mention of this. Has anyone tried this arm rest:
http://koreanautoimports.com/buick-encore-interior-center-console-arm-rest-storage-unit/

I've never heard of that website but the arm rest looks amazing. I like how it just sits on the ground so people with leases can easily remove it. Web Of Trust says the site is trustworthy. The price is pretty high too.
The problem with that arm rest you linked is.... what are you going to do with the original armrest? Take it out?

You might try searching over at the Mokka forums. Maybe the Brit's have come up with a solution to that goofy little armrest. On that forum you might find a mod to raise the original armrest up a little so it doesn't tilt down so much, if that might help you.

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Encore
Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I just bought a 2018 Encore, and I'm so disappointed with the lack of ergonomic features, such as the lack of an appropriate armrest and the too-small steering wheel that you can't steer unless your arms are raised (without support from the too small, too low armrest) or your wrists are bent at an awkward angle - it's almost like the steering wheel is too small. If I had to drive long distances on a regular basis, I would not keep this car. I wish I had not fallen in love with it so quickly, before I realized how uncomfortable it is for arms/wrists/shoulders. I LOVE everything else about it... if I could find an alternative armrest / center console, this would be an awesome vehicle. The one discussed in this form that is from Korea is well over $300 with shipping, which is really, really expensive. The link for the Opel Mokka armrest says they don't ship to U.S. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

guxu

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
If driver seat and passenger seat are the same, we may be able to buy Brit's driver armrest and install it on our passenger side. My 2001 CR-V also only had driver-side armrest. I bought the Japan (they drive on the left side of the road too) armrest and installed it.

Tilda

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
That's what everyone says when they ride with me. No armrest over there. It seems they all have something to say about 5 dragons slot game
 the lack of a passenger armrest in my "luxury" Buick. I wish Buick made a custom add on accessory we could buy. They would sell a million of them.

TheAirman

Buick Ownership
2013 Encore Premium
If driver seat and passenger seat are the same, we may be able to buy Brit's driver armrest and install it on our passenger side. My 2001 CR-V also only had driver-side armrest. I bought the Japan (they drive on the left side of the road too) armrest and installed it.
That's a really good idea. Except other than removing the seat leather, I can not figure out how we would mount it. The mounting nut is welded to the seat frame.

It is really easy to remove and would be easy to upgrade to a wider one if we could just find one. Here's a link to parts:
https://www.mygmwholesaleparts.com/oem-parts/gm-armrest-42477027?origin=pla&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3IWzvtvM2gIVx42zCh2pxgs_EAQYAyABEgIwbPD_BwE

If you don't like how far your arm rest slopes down, it is easy to mod by partially removing the cover and inserting a cut off wooden or plastic dowel in the slot. The brings its angle up and makes it easier to reach the wheel. Good for the driver, but no help for the passenger.

Here's more:
http://www.mokkaownersclub.co.uk/forum/drivers-armrest_topic3007.html

deville42

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I bought one on ebay for $44. from China. I had to remove the armrest attached to drivers seat. It covers the rear storage area, but swivels upward so I can still access it. It attached with 2 screws .

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.