• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

I need assistance getting the passenger rear door actuator out to replace it...2002 Park avenue

DSPICIBL1

Portland,Oregon
Buick Ownership
2002 Park Avenue
I am not able to release the rods for the door lock and the actuator is in a really tight spot...for some reason I cannot find any videos or help for this issue...any assistance is very appreciated...

DSPICIBL1

Portland,Oregon
Buick Ownership
2002 Park Avenue
2007 lucerne cxl or if that is not your name thank you for the diagram...I know where it is I see it problem I'm imagining mainly is I am a large man with big hands and I cannot get in there to either release the rods or I cannot figure out how this handle comes out...can I pop the rivet or what you know...lol...who the hell can fit and work with their hands in that little spot...

Attachments

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Sorry I've never pulled out a PA rear door and would rather not give you the wrong information.

On other doors it's getting the rods off and taking a lot of photos as I eventually have parts that don't seem to go back in the way I think, but the photos make me look smarter than I really am LOL.

Maybe someone else on the forum knows how it's done.

DSPICIBL1

Portland,Oregon
Buick Ownership
2002 Park Avenue
Lol...ya taking pics and trying to keep it together is a pita... the only videos I can find are for a lesabre and the parts are different...like I'm not sure if this pin comes out or not and the rods are curved so it needs to come out and slide off or idk wtf...😂🤔🤔

Attachments

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Taking a guess, Lesabre and Lucerne experience, the rods in the yellow and green slides should lift up and out. That should loosen them up to work out the rest of the way to the acuator, again it's a guesstimate.

DSPICIBL1

Portland,Oregon
Buick Ownership
2002 Park Avenue
I have tried...they are hooked and I have tried taking the bend out (ya good luck with that...lol) and man I cannot fit my hands up in that tiny f$%king channel to do anything...

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Yeah I'm lucky to hands that barely fit which is good on these types of automotive crap, but suck when playing 16" softball LMAO. Hope you find a way to get it repaired.

bluiewest1

Georgia
Buick Ownership
01 Park Avenue base
There are three rods that you have to disengage from the latch/lock mechanism. One is short and on a vertical orientation, that connects the outside handle to the latch mechanism. I think (been a few months since I've worked on mine) you push the short rod towards the outside. The horizontal rods that connect the inside handle and the lock tab. I think those are pulled toward the interior. They should pop loose fairly easily. If you don't have a giant smartphone you should be able to fit it inside the door and take some photos. That's how I figured out how to get mine out. There's an electrical connection for the lock and the three Torx fasteners at the rear of the door and the latch mechanism should come out

DSPICIBL1

Portland,Oregon
Buick Ownership
2002 Park Avenue
There are three rods that you have to disengage from the latch/lock mechanism. One is short and on a vertical orientation, that connects the outside handle to the latch mechanism. I think (been a few months since I've worked on mine) you push the short rod towards the outside. The horizontal rods that connect the inside handle and the lock tab. I think those are pulled toward the interior. They should pop loose fairly easily. If you don't have a giant smartphone you should be able to fit it inside the door and take some photos. That's how I figured out how to get mine out. There's an electrical connection for the lock and the three Torx fasteners at the rear of the door and the latch mechanism should come out
So the handle on the inside...the lock switch has 2 rods connected to it and what seems like a rivet to me...I am not able to pull it out or shimmy it or anything...

Attachments

Drakito

Southern Utah
Buick Ownership
2003 Park Avenue Ultra
The rods should pop straight up at the handle. A small screw driver or metal panel popper should be all that is required. It has a slight flare on the bottom of the rod to hold it into the plastic inserts. Pull the 4 10mm bolts holding the black metal brace out of the way as well.
At the actuator, you can see where the plastic has a "C" opening around the metal rods. A flat blade to pop it off the rod and rotate it 90* is all that is needed to release the lock, then you lift the rod out. The 3rd photo in your 2nd post.

DSPICIBL1

Portland,Oregon
Buick Ownership
2002 Park Avenue
The rods should pop straight up at the handle. A small screw driver or metal panel popper should be all that is required. It has a slight flare on the bottom of the rod to hold it into the plastic inserts. Pull the 4 10mm bolts holding the black metal brace out of the way as well.
At the actuator, you can see where the plastic has a "C" opening around the metal rods. A flat blade to pop it off the rod and rotate it 90* is all that is needed to release the lock, then you lift the rod out. The 3rd photo in your 2nd post.
Thank you for the 411...I feel like an idiot but it is resolved now...my hand is too big to fit so I had a friend help me out...

Pedal Commander