I need help from the Lowered guys!

Garrus

The Citadel via Cincinnati
Buick Ownership
2013 BDT Regal GS
I am going to get springs as a gift to myself for Christmas. Per GTX's old thread on his lowering springs I went to the GNJ Motorsports website. Everything seems to be labeled correctly.

I attached a link below, can anyone confirm or deny for me if this is the right make/model/part number before I pull the trigger and order? If not the correct one, which on the list is?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Vauxhall Insignia Hatch/Saloon 2WD 08- H&R 20-30mm.

http://www.gnjmotorsport.com/h-and-r-20-30mm-lowering-springs-insignia-hatch-saloon-2wd-08.html

Last edited:

88 E5PR1T

Long Island, NY
Buick Ownership
'12 Regal GS, '64 Karmann Ghia, '06 Elise
That's where I got mine, just make sure you determine which part number you want: -1 vs. -5 (one is softer for the Insignia with the smaller engine, and one is stiffer for the larger engine). I'm sorry though, I don't remember which is which.

And I didn't like dealing with Graeme at all; sounds like you've already read the other thread so you're aware of the issues.

Garrus

Buick Ownership
2013 BDT Regal GS
Oh yea, I trolled that thread about 3 times page 1-17 haha.

I am aware of the wait, but I am not upset about that since Christmas is next week and who know what the weather could be like.

I just want to get confirmation from some of the guys that ordered that it IS the correct part number and spring before I send them my money.

88 E5PR1T

Long Island, NY
Buick Ownership
'12 Regal GS, '64 Karmann Ghia, '06 Elise
That's the one... and somewhere in that longer thread is the key to which set is which (the -1 vs. -5). If you have any kind of lip on the front of the car (Concept RS or other), go with the stiffer springs.

Garrus

Buick Ownership
2013 BDT Regal GS
Thanks for the follow up 88. I don't have a lip, but after I got the car back from my accident I feel like I wanna spend money left and right.

So I'm having my guy re-tint my car next weekend from 35 to 15 since it's not dark enough.

Gonna order the H&R springs and get those on. Then I'll probably snag the Concept Lip.

Kranz, I think your power upgrades are a fair trade off for not having the ability to lower the car. Or...you could always chance it and throw some springs on there. If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

kranz38

Crown Point
Buick Ownership
Regal GS
Thanks for the follow up 88. I don't have a lip, but after I got the car back from my accident I feel like I wanna spend money left and right.

So I'm having my guy re-tint my car next weekend from 35 to 15 since it's not dark enough.

Gonna order the H&R springs and get those on. Then I'll probably snag the Concept Lip.

Kranz, I think your power upgrades are a fair trade off for not having the ability to lower the car. Or...you could always chance it and throw some springs on there. If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Let meet know whet springs you go with, i might go for it....

jepva

Richmond, VA
Buick Ownership
Regal GS 6MT
So what's the consensus on the Eibach's vs. the H&R's? H&R says 20-30mm Eibach Pro Kits say 30mm. Any published spring rate info out there?

kranz38

Crown Point
Buick Ownership
Regal GS
Eibach isn't released yet to my knowledge.

kranz38

Crown Point
Buick Ownership
Regal GS
They have been on bnr for a while, could b wrong but I'm positive none has them. My suspension guy called eibach direct n they said nothing yet, about two months ago.

timmyhoes

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I had Eibach's on my Cobalt SS before trading it in for the GS and loved them!!! just my 2cents

Get your turbo buick badge right here!