I need help with 2005 Buick Lesabre Limited

Taurusreed77

Buick Ownership
2005 Buick Lesabre
Well the car which is a 2005 Buick Lesabre Limited was running fine at first when I drove to work one morning but when I came out for my lunch break to run to the store I noticed that when I started the car none of the gauges where working. The windows and lights inside the car stopped working and so did the alarm system. Then the very next morning the car wouldn't start at all. I tried jumping it and everything and it want even turn over at all. The battery was completely dead. So I called off because I need my car to get to work but now I'm afraid that I'm going to loose my job because I can't afford all the high priced repairs and I just had a major operation and just started back working. I just don't know what to do at this point!!!!!

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
You need to have the battery load tested at an auto parts store. Either it needs to be properly charged or replaced. Then assuming it starts once the battery has been taken care of the charging system has to be tested.

Taurusreed77

Buick Ownership
2005 Buick Lesabre
You need to have the battery load tested at an auto parts store. Either it needs to be properly charged or replaced. Then assuming it starts once the battery has been taken care of the charging system has to be tested.
Okay thanks. I'm actually getting ready to charge the battery now

Taurusreed77

Buick Ownership
2005 Buick Lesabre
That's not a load test but you can try.
My bad I should've said that I took it to autozone and had them test it and charge it and they said that it's fine but the car still want crank or start. Still having the same problem. It's like it's not getting any power or something. I changed the relay and everything

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Yes the headlights are the only thing that's works right which is strange and also the heat still works
Do you have a test light or voltmeter?

Taurusreed77

Buick Ownership
2005 Buick Lesabre
Do you know how to check fuses?? If so, check fuse #8 in under hood fuse panel.
Okay I will do it in the a.m. and let you know.

Taurusreed77

Buick Ownership
2005 Buick Lesabre
Hi everyone. I was having this issue with my 2005 Buick Lesabre that I'm sure you all can see from my past post. Well I actually found the problem. I found a really burned wire that goes to a part that I can't even tell you what it is. But the connection part to this thing was badly burnt. Can anyone please tell me what this thing is because the plug that goes to it is what's burnt badly its that grey block looking thing with the letters TR on it. ??????????? 20230120_125341.jpg

Taurusreed77

Buick Ownership
2005 Buick Lesabre
The box with the pipes is your ABS module, antilock brake system.
Okay thanks for letting me know. Well the plug that plugs into it is burnt badly like it shorted out or was burned badly. Can that plug be replaced or what can I do concerning this matter? Your help would be greatly appreciated 🙏 🙂

Taurusreed77

Buick Ownership
2005 Buick Lesabre
Okay thanks for letting me know. Well the plug that plugs into it is burnt badly like it shorted out or was burned badly. Can that plug be replaced or what can I do concerning this matter? Your help would be greatly appreciated 🙏 🙂
This plug that plugs into it is burnt badly on the side of it and theirs this plastic line or small little hose that goes to it and it was melted badly. So now I'm trying to figure out if it can be replaced and how and where to even get one

Attachments

• received_627237252494143.jpeg
    received_627237252494143.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 8

Taurusreed77

Buick Ownership
2005 Buick Lesabre
This plug that plugs into it is burnt badly on the side of it and theirs this plastic line or small little hose that goes to it and it was melted badly. So now I'm trying to figure out if it can be replaced and how and where to even get one
You can actually see a piece of that burnt plastic line. I thought it was a wire until I actually looked at it but it's not. It's some type of small hose that goes to it. But the part that burnt off was actually a little larger then the part going in the actual plug itself.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Does that plug fit the ABS module?
Did you ever check the fuse that was mentioned earlier?
Did you have a Brake light or ABS light on when the car was running?

Taurusreed77

Buick Ownership
2005 Buick Lesabre
Does that plug fit the ABS module?
Did you ever check the fuse that was mentioned earlier?
Did you have a Brake light or ABS light on when the car was running?
Yes that plug goes into the abs and the fuse was good. And yes the abs light came on about a couple of weeks before this happened. And okay other then that I put in a new alternator and then decided to check the starter and found out that it wasn't working at all. So now I'm trying to get another starter and I will go from their. But the abs is another issue that I started having after I bought a front drivers side hub assembly and put it on the car. Was doing fine at first and then all of a sudden I could smell something burning one day but didn't know where it was coming from at least until all this other stuff started happening.