I Removed the Plastic Cladding Trim on the Tourx

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
looks wise, I prefer the cladding on.
But with the cladding, water will probably hang around much longer, keeping the area moist and more likely start rusting earlier.

Once the Rust starts taking shape, you can put the cladding back on and hide it !

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX Preferred, Sport Red
Looks good so far! Really curious to know how much the replacement parts cost.

IL
Buick Ownership
none
Is the black portion on the bumper not removable? Looks like just the last trim that goes down to the black.
He mentioned in another thread that the black pieces on the bumpers are molded in and not removable. OP is apparently planning on replacing the entire front/rear bumpers.

tinmanwpk

Buick Ownership
n/a
If you are going to the trouble of removing your bumper why not just remove the existing pieces and cut off the remaining piece of cladding with the bumper assemble off of the car?

Bimmer

3.8L Member
Humboldt County, CA; or Germany
Buick Ownership
Not yet...
Dang, that looks terrific. Did it just pull off the fenders?

The front bumper looks a little weird, but I'd be tempted to just paint it (I'm looking for a white TourX).

Skynet

looks wise, I prefer the cladding on.
But with the cladding, water will probably hang around much longer, keeping the area moist and more likely start rusting earlier.

Once the Rust starts taking shape, you can put the cladding back on and hide it !
What build up of water are you referring to? Fenders/bumpers without cladding will not accumulate water. Maybe I'm missing your point.

tinmanwpk

Buick Ownership
n/a
And then he says when the rust starts you can put the cladding back on. I'm confused.
Once the rust starts it looks ugly. You can cover it up by replacing the plastic cladding you had taken off pre

crush157

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Tour X
Wondering if that last piece on the front wheel wells can be removed as well. If the OP would post how it was done, that would help too...

Buick Ownership
New Tourx Owner
Wondering if that last piece on the front wheel wells can be removed as well. If the OP would post how it was done, that would help too...
If you look at the parts diagram online on GM Parts dealers it shows the front bumper cover has a separate cladding trim piece. It also shows that the bumper cover has ridges where the cladding goes. The diagrams are drawings not pictures so we can only assume that it could be an easy removal and reveal.
Should removal of cladding be known as De-Aztecking?

DasWagen

Buick Ownership
2018 Tour x
Subscribed for more results on the decladding process. I also like the Opel look better. And how do we lower the ride height down the couple inches Buick decided it should be raised?

DasWagen

Buick Ownership
2018 Tour x
I have the side skirts on the way and I plan on buying the bumper too
I'm about to pull the trigger on a black Tour X. I don't care for the cladding either. I like what you've done so far. I wonder if the piece circled in my pic could be removed and look as clean as the wheel wells? If so, I think I could live with removing all of the wheel wells and replacing the rocker trim with just the painted rocker pieces. Not too much $s either. Please keep us updated Hoffmantre.

tour x.JPG

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.