• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

If your lucky enough to have red needle car...

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
You will have 155 mph car. If later version has 130 mph speed limiter to match tire speed rating.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
You will have 155 mph car. If later version has 130 mph speed limiter to match tire speed rating.
First off, acceleration is all over at 110 MPH. Yes, TourX will go much faster, 130 Mph white needles, red ungoverned if you have several miles even faster.

Also tires are V rated to 149 mph. white or red so if you have a red needle car, you have grounds to sue GM for putting substandard tires on your car.

Better yet, keep it under 149 mph please. Like they say, "don't try this at home."

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
First off, acceleration is all over at 110 MPH. Yes, TourX will go much faster, 130 Mph white needles, red ungoverned if you have several miles even faster.

Also tires are V rated to 149 mph.
Thanks I thought they made it 149 but you said 130.
25 mph difference on autobahn keeps you from impeding traffic so much. I am pretty good at vibes... you have slower car?

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
To my knowledge, the GS tires are unchanged since 2018 and are all rated W, good for ~168 mph. Can't say I've tested the governor on my white needled '19 GS though. The reckless driving ticket will be the same whether you're going 130 or 155 mph so I'm not too concerned. Who wants to test theirs to verify? 😆

Regal GS Tire 94W.png

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Lady I like can drive a stick and really likes to drive...Will get her behind the wheel...unless woman officer they will let her off with warning.
I was referring to TourX with Conti's. I have 255 45 ZR 18's.. image.jpg

4wheelforay

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
I wonder if the limiter changes with the DIC reflash that I had, to ensure the tires are not pushed past their speed rating.

I have been through 115 a few times and it doesn't seem to lose much steam, but I was looking at the road and not staring at the speedo. It feels every bit as fast as the German sedans and wagons I have driven with similar power, those will run through 130. I think 150 in one of these is extremely optimistic, but I wouldn't doubt its ability to get to 140.

180 kph is only 111 and some change, I'd be interested to see where the needle goes when in metric on a top speed run.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I wonder if the limiter changes with the DIC reflash that I had, to ensure the tires are not pushed past their speed rating.

I have been through 115 a few times and it doesn't seem to lose much steam, but I was looking at the road and not staring at the speedo. It feels every bit as fast as the German sedans and wagons I have driven with similar power, those will run through 130. I think 150 in one of these is extremely optimistic, but I wouldn't doubt its ability to get to 140.

180 kph is only 111 and some change, I'd be interested to see where the needle goes when in metric on a top speed run.
CD roadtest got 155 in 6th and 7th that was limited electronically.... 145 in 8th power limited in overoverdrive.
This was an early model with red needles.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
No DIC udate for me please, if it lowers performance for tires, I will be saying no thanks.

Last edited:

4wheelforay

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
CD roadtest got 155 in 6th and 7th that was limited electronically.... 145 in 8th power limited in overoverdrive.
This was an early model with red needles.
Was that a video review? I just looked at the written article and they claim a 155 max speed as a manufacturers estimate.

After a little more searching there is an article (2018 Buick Regal TourX) that claims a 130 top speed and another one 2018 Buick Regal TourX that claims the 155 mfr estimate limited top speed.

Attachments

4wheelforay

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
To my knowledge, the GS tires are unchanged since 2018 and are all rated W, good for ~168 mph. Can't say I've tested the governor on my white needled '19 GS though. The reckless driving ticket will be the same whether you're going 130 or 155 mph so I'm not too concerned. Who wants to test theirs to verify? 😆

View attachment 14671
At around 110 mph the TourX runs out of steam. At least by my definition.
TourX is not a McLaren.
Get caught around here at over 95, you go to Jail.

capitalpyro

Buick Ownership
Tour X
Tour X at 130 with white needle, its more like its out of power vs speed limited. Other cars ive driven that were limited gave a feeling of being limited when hitting the max. Not sure this car needs to go much faster. Still pretty impressive for a simple, inexpensive, stock 4 cyl.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
At around 110 mph the TourX runs out of steam. At least by my definition.
TourX is not a McLaren.
Get caught around here at over 95, you go to Jail.
Mine does not pull like my performance vehicles at 125, but not out of breath by any means. Maybe white needle cars have milder tune besides limiter changes.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Was gonnna hang bike but this seems safer.
It has big speedlimiter.... Me. IMG_20190327_090232101.jpg

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
I have to laugh at all this talk about top speed. Hey guys. It's only a 2000cc (2 liter) engine. Turbo or not. It's a two liter engine. You can only get so much Speed from two liters.

Talking about top speed, you can't even open it up in Europe as they now have Speed Camers on most roads. Even in Germany, the "No Speed Limit" parts of the Autobahn are less and less. Most areas of the Autobahn have speed limits. Europeans don't drive as fast as they once did. Too many cameras and VERY HIGH FINES.
I travel mostly in France, but also in Italy (where Italians drive crazy), Austria, Belgium and yes, Germany. Speed camera EVERYWHERE.

As for high speed driving here in the USA, although I-10 and I-20 in far West Texas has 85 mph speed limits, you are still going to get caught as there are many Police out there.

I used to think I could open it up on US-380 between the TX-NM border and Roswell NM, until I saw the NM State Police on that road.
Now, the only lonely road I would try it (but won't) is US-380 between San Antonio NM and Carrizozo NM, (Just North of Trinity Site). My favorite lonely road is NM-246 between Capitan and Roswell NM, but that road not in good enough shape for a high speed run. I take it easy on that road and enjoy the scenery.

Turbo Buick Badge