• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Ignition key replacement

rbuck83133

Buick Newbie
The key replacement process seems overly complicated. Can it be done at a lockshop safely? I find dealerships very spendy for anything. I don't want to foul up the pass-key programming etc. what should it cost?

Liberty Buick #!

New River, AZ
No, you have to get the key from the dealer, after it is cut, they need to take it and the old key to the car, to have the car program the new key, or the car will not start. List price is $27.37. Should be no charge for programing. If they do want to charge,its easy to do your self. Start car with old key, wait for all lights on dash to stop flashing, turn off car, put new key in and start within 10 seconds, when all dash lights stop flashing, key is done. Good luck.

Turbo Buick Badge