• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Illuminated Trishield.....Here Buick, Take My Money.

nizerims

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership
:(s)kciuB yM
When I started looking around for my "next" car last year. One of the cars that made it's way on my list was the Mercedes CLA45.. Part of the research I do before I buy a car is go on forums and see what owners/people have to say about the vehicle. The type of input you can't get from Consumer Reports or the Manufacturer's website. (That's how I found you @ssholes!) One thing about the Mercedes CLA that "blew my freekin' mind" was the available Illuminated Star emblem.

When Buick revealed The Buick Riviera Concept in 2013 at the Shanghai auto show, Smack Dab in the center of the front grille..... A red white and blue Trishield with a glowing blue outer ring (Buick, your on the right track, just the wrong train).

With news that the 2015 Cadillac Escalade will have an available "glowing Crest and Wreath emblem" in the grille and Scion released special 10th anniversary vehicles with illuminated front and rear Scion emblems. I see this being the next big thing that I need,,,,, that I don't need.

So, when I purchased my Regal The hunt was on for an Illuminated Trishield emblem. It seemed like they have an illuminated emblem for every manufacturer except Buick. The only Illuminated Trishield I found was on "alibaba" and it looked like "hot garbage". I did find a few cool illuminated Opel emblems for you Opel freaks! (this one is my favorite)

Now that the Mercedes CLA is for sale in the USA, I have seen a few Illuminated Star kits for sale and a few good pics of what I'm looking for in an Illuminated Trishield.....

Those pics of the Illuminated Star kit made me dig out the "used" 2012 regal grille I bought to play around with...(yeah I know)....

The Trishield taken out of the front grille........

Drill out a few plastic welds/rivets it comes apart.........

SO, If Buick or some aftermarket company can't make an Illuminated Trishield emblem that wreaks with the same class and sophistication as the Illuminated Star, I will be forced to make my own...

***Buick Customer Service***, please foward this thread to "The Powers That Be". Thanks Jessica:wub:

***Members***, Feel free to post your feelings on an Illuminated Trishield emblem....

socal1987

Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS 6spd Nav WDTC Led converison,
Wow Good info! Im sold on this. I guess this will go on the list of I will buy right now..... ohh wait how much? Screw it I didn't need food this month anyways. lol

nizerims

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership
www.mbusa.com/illuminatedstar

Lot's of YouTube video's (when your bored).

socal1987,

Not sure what the MB dealer charges. The Illuminated Star is going for $300-$400 Dollar Dollar Bills y'all on the street/interwebs...

ggeorge6

Buick Ownership
Buick
I need this and I needed it yesterday! No question this can be done. Someone on here has to know something. Side Note: The pic of pouring the champagne down the drain, brilliant! Well done.

wierz11

AZ
Buick Ownership
E92 M3, E46 330, E24 635CSi
What's up with the picture of someone pouring a gold bottle of (what looks like) champagne down the drain?

Edit: Nevermind, I got it now lmao

socal1987

Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS 6spd Nav WDTC Led converison,
Last edited:

nizerims

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership
Side Note: The pic of pouring the champagne down the drain, brilliant! Well done.
Thanks, I try to sneak a little humor in all my posts...

is that a bottle of ace of spades? lmao
In the hood we call it "Armand de Brignac". (not my pic) You've got a keen eye Mr. Mayor. You can't buy that shit at Walmart, so I'm not interested.

This will be a great project!! I am curious how this turns out as well!
BB, my next vacation is in June, worst case scenario I make my own. I'll post pics.

i think that illuminated logos look ricey as all get out, but i admire anyone who is willing to make their own solution.

good luck! :)
jay, no offence , but I've been waiting to use this.......

What's up with the picture of someone pouring a gold bottle of (what looks like) champagne down the drain?
Edit: Nevermind, I got it now lmao

Check this out

http://www.madautoilluminations.com/default.html
[/IMG]
Sent a request. Will update but looks good.
Nice find.... Let me know when you hear back

The illuminated tri-shields are all over eBay!
http://bit.ly/19xn3ob

I'm not sure if it fits the Regal. I also would only do this if they made it in white.
alibaba on ebay. That's that shit I don't like....... I like "cool white".
we need more pics of your girl..... plastidip?

Too much bling for my taste.
I get it....That's cool..

I want one that flashes different colors in sync with the beat of the radio.
^^^^^^
ricey as all get out
JK

Blingg bling
kranz, when you shift.... Do you go 1st.......2nd.......6th?:D
gopro videos next summer?:headbang:

ggeorge6

Buick Ownership
Buick
I would want to get the color as close to the led's on my T07 as I could. I think this looks great

ssmedt

Buick Ownership
17 Envision : 13 regal GS : 04 Rainier
I like it:headbang: as long as it does not require too much wire splicing I would get one and I like the front and back idea

nizerims

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership
il run that guys plate throught BMV and get a name.... we can facebook stalk him. lol
Nice! ....
I'm gonna post in your "Winter Shenanigans" thread as soon as I get some pics... Car looks good. First time I've seen it when it wasn't speeding on youtube.:eek:

Pedal Commander