• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Buick owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

I'm a Buick Owner!

naomigurl

Buick Ownership
2017 Buick Encore Premium Trim, Sunroof and AWD.
Well I dived in and took the plunge and bought a 2017 Buick Encore Premium Edition/Trim, with only 15669 miles on her. I always wanted a Buick and a fully loaded one too. Never had the chance before, always needed to go the more practical route. I'm very happy with this purchase. Do you recommend Synthetic Oil for these Turbo Charge engines?

Attachments

• IMG_20201231_162113664_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201231_162113664_HDR.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 7

Smoothsailer717

Buick Ownership
2019 Encore
Congrats .. Its beautiful. That black cherry color grows on you.. It really is a good color.. Looks black at a distance but has some glow up close...yes. Synthetic oil is a must.. Else you may have turbo problems getting around 75,000 miles... I personally run 89 octane too although the car does run good enough on 87

Encore is a practical choice.. Its a small efficient vehicle..

mitchflorida

South Florida
Buick Ownership
2016 Summit White Regal, Premium II, Moonroof, Driver Confidence Package
I've heard good things about Carmax cars and their extended warranty. And they gift-wrapped it for you!

Last edited:

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Congratulations. Not sure on what information on the vehicle maintenance history you got when purchasing but the owners manual is a good resource along with online info on what and when items need to be done. If in doubt if something has or has not been done it's better to error on the side of caution. Now that you are a Encore owner it may be worth the time looking at all the Encore posts as it may save time or frustration on how something may work or items to be mindful of.

Again

Magnetic Hill, New-Brunswick, Canada
Buick Ownership
2016 Encore
Congratulation on the buy! What a beauty! Going on 5 years with mine and so far so good. Only issue I had with mine was plates breaking loose in the resonator and making noise. It was new at the time and the dealer replaced the whole exhaust. Depending if you live in a road salt free zone or not will bring suggestions to your attention.

naomigurl

Buick Ownership
Congratulations. Not sure on what information on the vehicle maintenance history you got when purchasing but the owners manual is a good resource along with online info on what and when items need to be done. If in doubt if something has or has not been done it's better to error on the side of caution. Now that you are a Encore owner it may be worth the time looking at all the Encore posts as it may save time or frustration on how something may work or items to be mindful of.

The vehicle history report from both Autochek which CarMax gives to you for free and the CarFax report I paid for, they both showed that this was Personal Lease Vehicle which was traded in after the lease. The vehicle was sold at auction which where I assume CarMax got it. The history shows a bunch of service records from a dealer in Michigan. However, I don't what was performed or not because the history just states something generic like "Customer Requested Services Performed". Also, why would a dealer sell a end of term leased vehicle at auction instead of flipping it as a CPO in their own lot of cars? The last part is the only thing that confuses me, why sell it at Auction? Otherwise the car is in great shape. I got a oil changed done, because CarMax states they only use Conventional Oil. I'm not a fan of conventional, I've always used Synthetic in my cars, and the Service manual states to use Synthetic too. Tires I got rotated and I was going to change the Air Filter, but it looked brand new, so I left it alone for now.

naomigurl

Buick Ownership
Check the cabin air filter too.
I'm very sensitive to a dirty cabin air filter, I knew that needed to be changed, so I had CarMax put in writing that they will change it for me. So it will be changed on Monday.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Can't explain the used car market it's a world unto itself, had a friend who was a general manager at GM and Hyundai dealership for years and he said he let me know once he figured it out. Lots of reasons for sending it to auction, fast turn around, to much inventory, slow selling season, market is locally dead, etc.

Again if in doubt on any maintenance items get it changed and then you have the peace of mind of knowing what and when. I'm on the OCD side of vehicle maintenance side so all the fluids get changed before needed, just my way.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

mitchflorida

South Florida
Buick Ownership
2016 Summit White Regal, Premium II, Moonroof, Driver Confidence Package
Dealerships don't own the car that is returned after a lease. Generally, the vehicle is owned by a leasing company that wants the car returned. The dealer may have the option to purchase the vehicle at wholesale, but some don't need that model at that price. The ones that do not, put the cars up for auction where other dealers may purchase them. Dealers only buy the cars they believe they can sell as the practice is solely a money-making venture. They do not do anything else with cars that are returned from lease, or cars they take from trade-in.

Last edited:

DocBrown

Buick Ownership
2016 Encore Sport Touring
I got a oil changed done, because CarMax states they only use Conventional Oil. I'm not a fan of conventional, I've always used Synthetic in my cars, and the Service manual states to use Synthetic too.

Wow, this is good to know. Many vehicle's require synthetic now. Like you I have become a fan of synthetic when I tried it in my Sierra and it quieted the engine down quite a bit.

naomigurl

Buick Ownership
Wow, this is good to know. Many vehicle's require synthetic now. Like you I have become a fan of synthetic when I tried it in my Sierra and it quieted the engine down quite a bit.
Yea, It could have also been that the salesman didn't know exactly. However, I got it done for peace of mind, plus I know for sure at what point it was changed. Even if the manual didn't state to use Full Synthetic, I would have still changed it, because I'm definitely pro-synthetic.

Majic

Buick Ownership
2018 Encore Eccence
The vehicle history report from both Autochek which CarMax gives to you for free and the CarFax report I paid for, they both showed that this was Personal Lease Vehicle which was traded in after the lease. The vehicle was sold at auction which where I assume CarMax got it. The history shows a bunch of service records from a dealer in Michigan. However, I don't what was performed or not because the history just states something generic like "Customer Requested Services Performed". Also, why would a dealer sell a end of term leased vehicle at auction instead of flipping it as a CPO in their own lot of cars? The last part is the only thing that confuses me, why sell it at Auction? Otherwise the car is in great shape. I got a oil changed done, because CarMax states they only use Conventional Oil. I'm not a fan of conventional, I've always used Synthetic in my cars, and the Service manual states to use Synthetic too. Tires I got rotated and I was going to change the Air Filter, but it looked brand new, so I left it alone for now.
SYNTHETIC ONLY!