• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Indy shop may maybe correct, Buicks are dependable?

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Observation:
Forum has been boring of lately in a good way.
No major horror stories, no trends indicating really bad design or reliability problems.
There is always something, but they seem relatively minor and rare.

Idano

Buick Ownership
Preferred Red Needle TourX
Observation:
Forum has been boring of lately in a good way.
No major horror stories, no trends indicating really bad design or reliability problems.
There is always something, but they seem relatively minor and rare.
Other than the ugly wheels and crappy cup holder/cubby hole design, no complaints here, .........so far.....

pschall

Time will tell.

I have a feeling that a German Car with Buick Badges > Mercedes Benz > BMW for ownership outside the warranty.

🤞
BMW ownership outside of warranty isn't necessarily a good thing. Any major issues? I'm considering dumping my Audi A6 for a substantial loss. I'm hoping for a reliable vehicle I can pay off and keep driving.

pschall

The discontinued Verano.
Does the TourX have any crossover here? Also, are Opel's known as reliable? I'm running an 08 A6 and I'm debating a pivot for long-term reliability and cost of ownership.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
This is a United Nations Car. Take the good and the bad.
Many of the major sourced components are regarded as reliable.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
BMW ownership outside of warranty isn't necessarily a good thing. Any major issues? I'm considering dumping my Audi A6 for a substantial loss. I'm hoping for a reliable vehicle I can pay off and keep driving.
That was my point: reliability = Buick GREATER THAN Mercedes Benz GREATER THAN BMW

I was saying that buying a Regal is a way to get a "German Car" with lots of the same feeling of the pricey makes minus the headaches

CorvairGeek

3.8L Member
The Gem State
Buick Ownership
1996, 92 Buick Century
The Verano was Opel Astra.
I stand corrected then. I first saw them badged as Daewoo in Singapore, IIRC (6 of 1 and half dozen of another to me anyway). As I am quite familiar with the GM / Daewoo deal, as well as Delphi Korea, I'm sure there were lots of low cost designs became readily available. It was pretty obvious already with the Delphi spin off from GM (which was a really odd deal, like Ford and Visteon). GM started sourcing crap Chery switches and Mitsubishi A/C components (among many others) to replace reliable parts used the year before, because lower cost was the only factor.

CorvairGeek

3.8L Member
The Gem State
Buick Ownership
1996, 92 Buick Century
FWIW I don't think Opel is in the same category as Daewoo so I question how this relates to TourX reliability....
I genuinely wasn't trying to complicate things or be a troll, but my point being the brand name these are being marketed under really has very little bearing on reliability.

pschall

I genuinely wasn't trying to complicate things or be a troll, but my point being the brand name these are being marketed under really has very little bearing on reliability.
FWIW I called London this morning and the consensus was Vauxhall's are garbage. One guy said in a thick accent that he had a Packard that was more reliable than a Vauxhall. I laughed. With that being said, these cars have the SAAB 2.0 and Aisin 8. I think they are good as long as they don't fall apart or have electrical issues.

LOGO

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
[/Quote]Time will tell.

I have a feeling that a German Car with Buick Badges > Mercedes Benz > BMW for ownership outside the warranty. [/Quote]

I plan to dump mine as soon as the warranty is up as well, which will be a few years.

I do love my Audi A6 but I do have an unusual problem I have to get checked out next week on it.

Luckily it's under warranty as part of the diesel gate scandal and I shouldn't have to come out of pocket no matter what.

What issues have you had with yours?

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I stand corrected then. I first saw them badged as Daewoo in Singapore, IIRC (6 of 1 and half dozen of another to me anyway). As I am quite familiar with the GM / Daewoo deal, as well as Delphi Korea, I'm sure there were lots of low cost designs became readily available. It was pretty obvious already with the Delphi spin off from GM (which was a really odd deal, like Ford and Visteon). GM started sourcing crap Chery switches and Mitsubishi A/C components (among many others) to replace reliable parts used the year before, because lower cost was the only factor.

The Verano was one of the better vehicles in the segment and bested the nearest competitor, Acura ILX, in many comparison tests. Even when a base engine was swapped for an optional engine the Verano beat the ILX. Sales followed too with Buick outselling the Acura almost 3-1 at the peak.

pschall

Time will tell.

I have a feeling that a German Car with Buick Badges > Mercedes Benz > BMW for ownership outside the warranty. [/Quote]

I plan to dump mine as soon as the warranty is up as well, which will be a few years.

I do love my Audi A6 but I do have an unusual problem I have to get checked out next week on it.

Luckily it's under warranty as part of the diesel gate scandal and I shouldn't have to come out of pocket no matter what.

What issues have you had with yours?
[/QUOTE]

No issues yet, but I'm putting 30k on it a year. I'll be out of warranty in 20k miles. Then what? It has a 2.0 turbo and ZF8. I don't trust the ZF8. At least I can afford to throw a new motor or transmission in one of these. I'm hard shopping these right now. I'm trying to figure out what package I want etc. I know I'm taking a luxury step back, but I'm hoping I can pay this off and move on in 5 years or so. The Opel would be about 4k less on the note and a better interest rate. Any advice on packages? I found a preferred that has the Driver Assistance 1 with LED and Sights & Sounds, and I found an Essence with both too. Price difference is like $2k. I know I'm losing my Audi luxury etc. I really love my A6, but I'm piling miles on.

Pedal Commander