Infotainment issues abound...

Warnerbro

Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Lacrosse Touring
I just recently purchased my '13 Buick Lacrosse Touring Edition and I absolutely love the car (minus the 19 inch tires that I have to change every year for the winter), but just within the last month or so I've had a "service suspension system" warning light indicator come on and off,took it to the dealership and found out it was an accelerator issue? Anyway no problem there(minus that I don't have a extended warranty on the car- d'oh!). $483 later, I'm still dealing with my infotainment system being dead as a doornail now the push buttons just underneath the touchscreen don't want to light up or work for my heat,air conditioning and Defogger.... this is a major issue! Any idea what is going on? Because I was quoted $1,400 for a new touch screen, because mine is unfortunately gone like the days of my Station Wagon lol.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Have you considered buying one from a salvage yard and having a qualified non-dealership install it?

Warnerbro

Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Lacrosse Touring
If it's just the screen there are used, not on a new replacement on your make and year.

Used
2012 2013 Buick Lacrosse Information Display Touch Screen ID 22831821 OEM for sale online | eBay

I have a 2013 Buick Lacrosse 3.6 V6, don't know if it's safe buying a used touch screen from Ebay, ect, but it seems to be an electrical problem, rear camera isn't working, no heat/ac, and the Defogger isn't working as well. The Dealership has cracked my screen apon putting it back in, and I'm upset... is there a contact number to complain about this issue?

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
You could call Buick Customer service, what that will yield is a unkown, but it's worth a shot. Considering what the dealer has or hasn't done maybe a different one might be considered. With the number of gremlins that are showing up I'm surprised that they haven't replaced or at least suggested the BCM which seems to be a SOP if it can't be figured out.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
If it's a used vehicle and was purchased "As Is" and is not covered under a under warranty how would the Lemon Law apply?

Please post the information on where we all can see it as a reference if needed later.

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
Agree also with all the above. Pending on purchase of car and the as is feature, only warranty feature left applying is for drivetrain and components I’d imagine. The rule of thumb for the unknown is change the cheapest item first and work your way up, usually something to bang your head against the wall after it’s all said and done anyways.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.