• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Infotainment reboots?

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
OK so I still don't know what to think about this. My TourX is a red needle version in case that matters; but I noticed that every morning on the way to work my infotainment system would reboot and oddly enough it is at basically the same place every time. Has anyone experienced scheduled reboots? I find it hard to believe I am in the same place every morning at the same time, so I am not convinced this is a time of day thing but it seems even less likely that the location (within a mile of each other) is somehow flagging this to occur. It definitely is not length of the drive, as this doesn't happen on my ride home which still takes an hour but is a different route all together. Any ideas? I guess I could try driving home that way one day to see if it reboots in the afternoon but it is really strange.

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I have a red needled car and haven't seen that issue.

You say your issue happens when you go to work in the morning. Does it happen on the weekends? Are you passing by anything that maybe producing some sort of like electronic interference (major power lines, Newark Airport, etc.)? Any chance you have a radar detector to help test (or another GPS unit) that may go ape-sh*t in that area just to see if there's any external interference in that area?

Is this a new issue or something that's happened all along?

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Would agree with FavaBean that RFI could be the possible problem as vehicles are dumb and knowing to reset a system at similar a time and place is a little hard to imagine. There's was a issue in the Chicago area of a retail store security system wrongly tuned and it caused a no entry or remote start on cars in the lot. So if you can take the same route and note the location when it happens and it's repeated at least it's not the car.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I think in the general area it happens there is one of those overhead traffic signs they can update remotely, but I have never experienced this in my wife's truck which also has gps and sat radio.

I don't recall this happening any other time and I am not sure if it happens every time since the radio continues to play but the screen goes blank. I only notice when it chimes to tell me the phone reconnected. I will have to pay more attention.

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I also have a red needle TX and a 60 mile commute each day, while never experiencing one single reboot since owning the car. It definitely sounds like it's something along your route passing along some RFI. You could always try doing a little detour along your normal morning route, as some simple factor deduction analysis. If it doesn't happen , then I think that would answer your question.

Discod

Buick Ownership
Regal Sportback
This is interesting because I’ve only experienced one reboot while driving, and it happened as I went through an intersection known to be full of red light cameras and sensors...I wonder if anything like that may be triggering yours?

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
OK so I have been watching for this more and it doesn't happen every time but is always along one stretch of road. Is anyone else in NNJ and driving through this area? Maybe you can confirm if you have the same thing. Red dots indicate where I noticed the system started rebooting.

Attachments

Pedal Commander