• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Infotainment software updates

exbrit

Buick Ownership
Hey all

New here and I'd appreciate any help I can get so thanks in advance.

Does anyone know what the current version of the software is? I'm picking up my Essense on Tuesday and I want to check they've done all the updates since it's been sitting on the lot for some time .

Also if anyone can advise do updates come through over the air or do you need to take it to a dealer ?

Thanks

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Looks like you are picking up a 2019?
21.175 is the one that came out from the factory and 22.9 is the latest that is updated through a dealer.
Updates do come through over-the-air, but this version of SW is not. (Rumors suggest that this over-the-air is pulled because the issue with the favorites.)

exbrit

Buick Ownership
Looks like you are picking up a 2019?
21.175 is the one that came out from the factory and 22.9 is the latest that is updated through a dealer.
Updates do come through over-the-air, but this version of SW is not. (Rumors suggest that this over-the-air is pulled because the issue with the favorites.)

Yeah it's a 2019. I heard about an issue with greyed out buttons so that's kinda what spurred my question

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Mine is still on 21.175 and I do not have the favorite button issue.
However, there are other members here with a rear view camera issue on that SW, which I have not seen either. Guess I got very lucky? :unsure:
Anyway, sending an early welcome to the party note.

ECM56

Falls Church, Virginia
Buick Ownership
2018.5 (White needle) TourX Essence DC1 DC2 S&S Pano
I just had mine updated. It was 21.172 and that had the clock issue and the speed limit sign issue. The bulletins indicated those would be fixed by updating to, at least, 21.175. The dealer updated it and it is now 22.10. The clock is now correct but the speed limit sign is still blank. It looks like the 22.10 upgrade improved the backup camera lines - I haven't tested exhaustively yet - they just did the upgrade yesterday.

Dealer has a technical ticket open with GM. The next thing they are going to try is a new SD card. Car is a 2018.5 Essence with the IOT entertainment system.

I have never received an OTA update. I check for them periodically but it always says there are none available.

G-439429

I just had mine updated. It was 21.172 and that had the clock issue and the speed limit sign issue. The bulletins indicated those would be fixed by updating to, at least, 21.175. The dealer updated it and it is now 22.10. The clock is now correct but the speed limit sign is still blank. It looks like the 22.10 upgrade improved the backup camera lines - I haven't tested exhaustively yet - they just did the upgrade yesterday.

Dealer has a technical ticket open with GM. The next thing they are going to try is a new SD card. Car is a 2018.5 Essence with the IOT entertainment system.

I have never received an OTA update. I check for them periodically but it always says there are none available.

I wonder why you olny got 22.1 and not 22.9?

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia GS
I'm still at 21.1--tried to have the dealer upgrade it but they said there weren't any updates available (this was about 1 month ago). Was trying to get the latest version before the 'Alexa' upgrade went mainstream--wasn't that supposed to happen in the first six months of 2020?

landsharkmz3

I'm still at 21.1--tried to have the dealer upgrade it but they said there weren't any updates available (this was about 1 month ago). Was trying to get the latest version before the 'Alexa' upgrade went mainstream--wasn't that supposed to happen in the first six months of 2020?
So my dealer buddy says that if you ask for updates, they are supposed to tell you there aren’t any available. You have to list problems with the car that need to be fixed, then they will file a warranty claim and update the software. That’s how we handled mine.

94cruiser

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
not yet
Are there any updates for the redneedle 2018?
I'm experiencing issues with Apple CarPlay.

Sometimes it takes a while to connect, or it will disconnect on it's own, then reconnect or not.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
So my dealer buddy says that if you ask for updates, they are supposed to tell you there aren’t any available. You have to list problems with the car that need to be fixed, then they will file a warranty claim and update the software. That’s how we handled mine.
What an excellent way to take care of your customers... :poop::pokeit:

bgow

What problems would there be that would have them put through the update under a warranty claim? Thanks

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia GS
Basically anything listed here (Repair bulletin 19-NA-100):

Attachments

• RepairRadioUpdate.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 112

FishOhio

Central Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal Tourx Essence White Frost Tricoat
Find another dealer. My dealer was excellent. Updated the system to 22.9 during the service visit I scheduled for the lower control arms - all I had to say was "my software is 21.something and needs updated" and they said "yes it does". I think it helps that the GM of the dealership drives a 2018 GS as his personal car. When I purchased the Tourx he personally handled my final walk through and first drive while he told me about taking the GS to a local racetrack. He was clearly a big fan of the Tourx - it was nice to have a dealer that actually was a car guy. He said they sold 30 Tourx's (2018-2019).

94cruiser

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
not yet
I do experience the condition of phone being plugged in via USB but the display says it’s not connected.
Or Apple AirPlay not connected.

but it’s the early 2018 with the red needle. Is that able to be upgraded?

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I do experience the condition of phone being plugged in via USB but the display says it’s not connected.
Or Apple AirPlay not connected.

but it’s the early 2018 with the red needle. Is that able to be upgraded?

Since I changed the cable on my red needle this issue has gone away for me. Previously, there were times I would have it plugged in and get the indication it was charging but Android auto was not.

There hasn't been any updates to the red needle soltware.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
Still waiting for the day I (or anyone here) get an OTA update.

Not holding my breath. 😩😤😵

Discod

Buick Ownership
Regal Sportback
I still have the 21.1, but not having problems so I’m afraid to have them load any updates 😜
If I ever get the USB not recognizing a connection, go into settings, running applications, sound, and hit force stop. Then plug it in again and it should work.

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
If I ever get the USB not recognizing a connection, go into settings, running applications, sound, and hit force stop. Then plug it in again and it should work.

FYI - This is for white needles. Unfortunately, not available on red needle vehicles with older UI.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!