• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Infotainment software updates

dmr02

Toronto, Ontario
Buick Ownership
18 Regal GS
If it’s working even somewhat good/ properly don’t update it. The update made mine absolutely unbearable now I don’t even enjoy driving the car much since the update Bluetooth rarely works, XM frequently doesn’t work so I’m stuck listening to FM just not a good experience. Especially for a car with an MSRP of $52k 🤢

Pacer69

KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
If it’s working even somewhat good/ properly don’t update it. The update made mine absolutely unbearable now I don’t even enjoy driving the car much since the update Bluetooth rarely works, XM frequently doesn’t work so I’m stuck listening to FM just not a good experience. Especially for a car with an MSRP of $52k 🤢

Ditto. Before 22.9, I lost XM presets only about once a month. With it, I lose them once a day.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
PIC6402A
I also lose SXM to Gray Out anywhere from twice a day to once a week. Going to 22.9 made no difference.

I also followed procedures in PIC6402A. Waited five minutes each time, vice the three minutes published, just to make sure. Including resetting back to factory settings.

Still get Gray Out SXM oresettings.
At best, once a week.
At worse, twice a day.

The good is everything else on the car works as designed. Due for Svc within the next ten weeks. Don’t know if I should leave well enough alone.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
PIC6402A
I also lose SXM to Gray Out anywhere from twice a day to once a week. Going to 22.9 made no difference.

I also followed procedures in PIC6402A. Waited five minutes each time, vice the three minutes published, just to make sure. Including resetting back to factory settings.

Still get Gray Out SXM oresettings.
At best, once a week.
At worse, twice a day.

The good is everything else on the car works as designed. Due for Svc within the next ten weeks. Don’t know if I should leave well enough alone.
I only lose SXM settings and sometimes not all of them. I don't ever lose AM/FM settings or favorite setting for Pandora or Iheart favorites (yes, those can be saved, too).

Pacer69

KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
1594933652169.png

Found this on the TourX FB page - looks like there is a new release from March 24, 22.10 - anyone know / heard anything about this? Does it work for XM greys? I have the same question posted there.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Are you aware you can see the owners manual on your phone through the MyBuick app?

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
Are you aware you can see the owners manual on your phone through the MyBuick app?
Not everyone is as technical comfortable as you. Also at times, it is confusing to use the My Buick Apo.

At times, I may tell people to read the owners manual, but many times, I find the app hard to use and/or confusing.

Pacer69

KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
Which SW version were you at before this update?
IIRC, it was 18.x, I forget which. Yesterday I called GM to bitch again about my XM not working (still), asked to have someone from software call me and give me an answer as to why this hasn't been fixed in what, going on 2 years now. GM rep told me that a "senior advisor" (this is laughable, same thing happened last time and a kind but clueless and ineffectual 19-year-old called me) would call me within 3 days.

I had also called my local dealer tech 2 weeks ago asking about the new update...he said he was going to call me back next day, apparently spaced it. I heard from him today (GM must've called him), he said there's a new update (the one I mentioned above) that is supposed to fix the XM issue. He said it was released June 25th...date of build I posted above shows it came out in March, but whatever. Maybe it took them 3 months to figure out how to upload it to their servers? :ROFLMAO:Another 1.5 hour download, and I gotta say I have zero confidence in it working. But I have an appointment Tuesday for it. I'll report results.

Has anyone else done the update from this year?

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
IIRC, it was 18.x, I forget which. Yesterday I called GM to bitch again about my XM not working (still), asked to have someone from software call me and give me an answer as to why this hasn't been fixed in what, going on 2 years now. GM rep told me that a "senior advisor" (this is laughable, same thing happened last time and a kind but clueless and ineffectual 19-year-old called me) would call me within 3 days.

I had also called my local dealer tech 2 weeks ago asking about the new update...he said he was going to call me back next day, apparently spaced it. I heard from him today (GM must've called him), he said there's a new update (the one I mentioned above) that is supposed to fix the XM issue. He said it was released June 25th...date of build I posted above shows it came out in March, but whatever. Maybe it took them 3 months to figure out how to upload it to their servers? :ROFLMAO:Another 1.5 hour download, and I gotta say I have zero confidence in it working. But I have an appointment Tuesday for it. I'll report results.

Has anyone else done the update from this year?
3 months to test since the pandemic, is where I put my money... 😂

Pacer69

KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
Update: My dealer applied the 22.10 software update about 2 weeks ago. It is holding XM presets through about 25 starts thus far, and there don't seem to be any other side effects...so this one appears to be worthy if you are one of us with the XM issues. I had mine set to 20 radio station (mix of XM/FM) presets before this, now expanded to 30 and still working.

autocomman

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I lost my FM presets a month ago. Mine decided to just not connect to my phone randomly, audio dropouts, reverse lines disappear etc. Last time I went to the dealer they said it's up-to-date with 21.1. No idea what to do with it. I hate dealers.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
I have appointment with my dealer next Monday. Hope to get 22.10 installed as with my 22.9, I still have radio preset problems.

BTW, when I pointed out to the Service Writer PIC6402A, he could not find it in his computer. I then emailed the link to him. Don’t know if the technician can find it but should not matter if System 22.10 gets installed.

I’ll keep you all informed.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
I have appointment with my dealer next Monday. Hope to get 22.10 installed as with my 22.9, I still have radio preset problems.

BTW, when I pointed out to the Service Writer PIC6402A, he could not find it in his computer. I then emailed the link to him. Don’t know if the technician can find it but should not matter if System 22.10 gets installed.

I’ll keep you all informed.
22.9 can get updated over the air, according to one of the techs that I asked.
When is that going to happen? I have no idea.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
I have had some issues with 22.10. Before the update, my navigation would just not load for some reason. It'd happen maybe once or twice a year and I also had a weird SIM card error. This was my main incentive for requesting the update.

After the 22.10 update, I haven't gotten the SIM card error, but the navigation app still fails to load. Unfortunately, it now happens almost weekly. It is a known issue with no fixes (yet). My service manager has also seen the problem in Cadillacs.

The only "solution" is to kill the navigation app in the settings, under "Running Applications". Next time it acts up, I'll take a video.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
When my “Maps” does not load, I know it will load next start up. If I absolutely positively have to have it (Traffic Link Red/Yellow/Green traffic lines), I shut ignition off, open and close door, wait one minute, open and close door again then restart engine. Always reloads (so far).

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
When my “Maps” does not load, I know it will load next start up. If I absolutely positively have to have it (Traffic Link Red/Yellow/Green traffic lines), I shut ignition off, open and close door, wait one minute, open and close door again then restart engine. Always reloads (so far).
That's exactly what I used to do too. I've had the navigation not load across multiple key cycles after the update to 22.10.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners