• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Infotainment software updates

Ben Daigneault

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
I have the 22.9 (not recently) and since a couple weeks, It happened many times that navigation system took 30 minutes too start. I’m connected thru SD card not OnStar.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
I have had some issues with 22.10. Before the update, my navigation would just not load for some reason. It'd happen maybe once or twice a year and I also had a weird SIM card error. This was my main incentive for requesting the update.

After the 22.10 update, I haven't gotten the SIM card error, but the navigation app still fails to load. Unfortunately, it now happens almost weekly. It is a known issue with no fixes (yet). My service manager has also seen the problem in Cadillacs.

The only "solution" is to kill the navigation app in the settings, under "Running Applications". Next time it acts up, I'll take a video.
Your 22.10 was updated at the dealer?
Now that is scaring me from going to get mine updated by the dealer...
My 21.175 is working like perfect so far.

Tedjs

Cleveland, OH
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal Tourx
Bulletin #19-NA-249 was update on July 30th to indicate to the technician to update the system to 22.10 or greater.

Wonder if another update has been issued for this over the past month.

Would need to check current USB calibrations against what is in the vehicle to verify.

Katsubento

Hawaii
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal GS
Bulletin #19-NA-249 was update on July 30th to indicate to the technician to update the system to 22.10 or greater.

Would need to check current USB calibrations against what is in the vehicle to verify.
Interesting but probably just to cover future ones.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X

Yesterday,dealer updated my operating system to 22.10.
(I have a copy of 19-NA-249).
So far, 22.10 (audio presets) working fine but today is only the second day. I’ll give it two to four weeks. Hope for the best. 😇

BTW. Updating to 22.10 took much less time than when I updated to 22.9. Also, did not need to re-program any of my favorites.

Macros

Cleveland
Buick Ownership
19 Regal Sportback GS
Does 22.10 show as 22.1 on the about screen (drops the trailing zero)? I had the software updated last week, but it shows 22.1.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Does 22.10 show as 22.1 on the about screen (drops the trailing zero)? I had the software updated last week, but it shows 22.1.

6APPEAL

Deep South
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX 1987 Grand National
I was on 21.1 and not having issues, then all of a sudden every issue that has been reported here started; all at once. When I made the appointment for the oil change I requested the TSBs for the radio/entertainment system be addressed. Took about 2 hours for the oil change and the TSB updates to v22.10. It's been a bit over 2 weeks and issues have not reoccurred.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
Yes. That is how it shows, only because not enough room on the screen. If you go to the screen that shows all the updates (Forget what it’s called), the last update shows as 22.10. Hope this puts your mind at ease.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Yes. That is how it shows, only because not enough room on the screen. If you go to the screen that shows all the updates (Forget what it’s called), the last update shows as 22.10. Hope this puts your mind at ease.
1598841048436.png

:unsure:
So they only showed 22.1 on the screen before going into the about screen?

Mac-427

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
My service manager indicated that a new update is coming out September 1, that is intended to cure the "gray out" problem.

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
My service manager indicated that a new update is coming out September 1, that is intended to cure the "gray out" problem.

This is what 22.10 does. Cures the greyed out stations. About 6 weeks on it for me now, no issues with lost XM presets, or greys.

BUT had a weird nav error the other day for first time in 19k miles, similar to one described on p.2 of this thread by @Jack GS . Started car and it said my SIM card was "not valid in this vehicle..." It stayed on screen and changed to another message (or maybe that one was actually the second message?), then after about a minute the Nav map loaded up as the half-and-half thing where it shows half a nav map and half something else, audio I think.

Everything worked fine after it loaded. Haven't seen the SIM card message since Friday but I'll post back to this thread if it returns.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Update... Initially, I was having issues with 22.10, but for the past couple weeks it's been absolutely perfect. I think I just needed to give the update more time to "settle in".

To elaborate on the SIM error I had BEFORE updating to 22.10, here are a couple photos. Note the temperature in the infotainment screen reads Celsius, while the HVAC displays still reads Fahrenheit. I should also note that the SIM card was replaced in addition to the update. Since I threw in another variable, I'm not sure what fixed the error...the new SIM card or 22.10 update. It seems to be fixed, so I'm not gonna worry about it.
IMG_20200701_233428.jpg
IMG_20200702_000657.jpg
TL;DR: 22.10 is now working like a charm after some initial growing pains!

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia GS
:unsure:
So they only showed 22.1 on the screen before going into the about screen?

I'm still trying to figure out how 22.10 is newer that 22.9. I know it sounds OK when you say 22.TEN, but I think it may be time for the software department to have the accounting department assign update versions...

My concern (and this is regarding the 'no device found' with the USB) is that if I have to get the latest upgrade to fix it, I'll then be stuck with 'Alexa'--and if that's the case, I'll live with the 'no device found' (unless Alexa can be dumped into the trash can).

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
(unless Alexa can be dumped into the trash can)
Yup! It's an app on the main screen that can be installed/deleted just like Android Auto or CarPlay.

BUT, during setup, there's an option to use Alexa as the main voice control button on the steering wheel, replacing the GM voice control. The GM system is nothing less than frustrating. From the little bit that I've played with Alexa, the voice recognition is spot on. I even tried some of the more obscure song titles and Alexa didn't even hesitate.

Unless it's just the "Alexa is listening to me at all times" concern, I highly recommend giving it a whirl. I intend to do a "first look" review and setup in the near future for those that are curious. Even if it's a feature no one on here wants, I always like knowing what my vehicle is capable of at the very least 🤷🏻‍♂️

If you must delete the app:

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia GS
Great! I was concerned that it was like all the other 'apps' & would give you the 'app can not be deleted' message. There are only 3 apps I use; Audio, Climate [page 1] & Settings [page 2]--everything else in on page 12--out of sight/out of mind. Voice commands require the OnStar module to have power and, er, well....

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I wouldn't mind taking Alexa for a spin, but she's not available on the old UI.

I knew the day would come when the new IU would have its bugs fixed and further developed - while the old UI is put out to pasture.

Asking Google through Android Auto works well, but I think it would be nice to be able to use Alexa for expanded Amazon related functionality.

Macros

Cleveland
Buick Ownership
19 Regal Sportback GS
Had my first weird issue with 22.10, Android Auto just hung. The screen went black and all sound output stopped. Tried unplugging my phone and plugging it back in, but made not difference.

Had to turn the car off to get it to work correctly again. Hopefully just a fluke and doesn't happen regularly.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!