• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Infotainment software updates

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Had my first weird issue with 22.10, Android Auto just hung. The screen went black and all sound output stopped. Tried unplugging my phone and plugging it back in, but made not difference.

Had to turn the car off to get it to work correctly again. Hopefully just a fluke and doesn't happen regularly.
There is a possibility the hiccup was caused by the most recent update of Android Auto.

Mac-427

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Just pulled into the dealer for the latest update that supposedly cures the “grayed out” favorites issue. Will report results.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
Mine has been working flawlessly since upgrading to 22.10.

As for the other things mentioned, like Alexa, etc. I don’t don’t use any of that stuff. (I know. I’m in the minority). I deactivated Apple Car Play off. (I have iPhones) if you like that stuff, use it. If not, switch it off.

BTW, I just bought a new (to me) second car. Could not figure out how to deactivate Apple Car Play. Went back to dealer. Two sales people could not figure it out either. Finally, a third YOUNG sales guy figured it out so now the first two guys and myself know how to activate and deactivate Apple Car Play in that car. (My Tour-X is easier to activate or deactivate).

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
I'm still trying to figure out how 22.10 is newer that 22.9. I know it sounds OK when you say 22.TEN, but I think it may be time for the software department to have the accounting department assign update versions...

My concern (and this is regarding the 'no device found' with the USB) is that if I have to get the latest upgrade to fix it, I'll then be stuck with 'Alexa'--and if that's the case, I'll live with the 'no device found' (unless Alexa can be dumped into the trash can).
I f-ing tossed that poop into the trash the day I noticed it was pushed to my car . :thumpsup:

BTW, I have a much older SW and that crap still got pushed onto my wagon.

jclin4

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX Essence
IMG_0127.jpg

Running 21.One-Seven-Five here too.

Is the dealer obligated to update software, if no other service is required and it wasn't the dealer where I purchased the car?

mitchflorida

Buick Newbie
South Florida
Buick Ownership
2016 Summit White Regal, Premium II, Moonroof, Driver Confidence Package
If the software update will fix a problem and the car is under warranty they will have to do the update. I don't think they will update it without a good reason though.

jclin4

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX Essence
If the software update will fix a problem and the car is under warranty they will have to do the update. I don't think they will update it without a good reason though.

Thanks. The only issues I have are the greyed out stations, the USB flash drive not being recognized occasionally, and once in a blue moon audio completely hanging (work-around: stop running audio app and restart).

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
@jclin4, just show up to the dealer armed with the Technical Service Bulletin #19-NA-249 pertaining to the grayed out presets. It's a known issue and they should be willing to update the software. If they are reluctant, politely present the TSB and go from there.

Last edited:

Mac-427

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Just returned from the dealer with my 2019 TourX Preferred. Dealer installed 3 updates and favorites are now operating correctly with no gray outs. The service manager said the latest update was a cure for the gray out issue and so far it is.:)

Buick Ownership
1996 Buick Park Avenue 2020 Buick Regal Sportback Essence
Is Alexa not available on cars without navigation?

My 2020 Essence has the 8 inch touch screen and the WiFi plan as well as the latest software, 22.10, just no navigation.

But no matter what I do, I can’t get Alexa to show up, even as a downloadable app.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Is Alexa not available on cars without navigation?

My 2020 Essence has the 8 inch touch screen and the WiFi plan as well as the latest software, 22.10, just no navigation.

But no matter what I do, I can’t get Alexa to show up, even as a downloadable app.
It's an OnStar based service. As long as there's an active data plan or a WiFi connection available, the app should download and function.

Buick Ownership
1996 Buick Park Avenue 2020 Buick Regal Sportback Essence
It's an OnStar based service. As long as there's an active data plan or a WiFi connection available, the app should download and function.

Good to know.

Does your OnStar plan data show up in the OnStar app on the car? Although I have called and confirmed everything is working properly, my OnStar app has only ever showed dashes for plan info.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Good to know.

Does your OnStar plan data show up in the OnStar app on the car? Although I have called and confirmed everything is working properly, my OnStar app has only ever showed dashes for plan info.
Mine shows dashes as well, but I only have the Basic Plan that came with the car and expires in 2024. I am not currently paying for data.

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
Mine has been working flawlessly since upgrading to 22.10.

As for the other things mentioned, like Alexa, etc. I don’t don’t use any of that stuff. (I know. I’m in the minority). I deactivated Apple Car Play off. (I have iPhones) if you like that stuff, use it. If not, switch it off.

BTW, I just bought a new (to me) second car. Could not figure out how to deactivate Apple Car Play. Went back to dealer. Two sales people could not figure it out either. Finally, a third YOUNG sales guy figured it out so now the first two guys and myself know how to activate and deactivate Apple Car Play in that car. (My Tour-X is easier to activate or deactivate).

FWIW, Apple Car Play has much higher sound quality than the BT connection.

And yeah, dump Alexa...Amazon is listening to all your convos. They (the tech and phone cos) all probably are. I think FB definitely does as I've read of people talking about xyz product and then seeing xyz product advertised in their FB feed the very next day. Not to mention how they steal your contacts data, track you everywhere on the web and off, etc. Glad I dumped my FB mobile app a long time ago!

I am a secret agent and I don't need FB looking over my shoulder, LOL. :cool:

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Good to know.

Mine shows Safety and Security after it is reactivated. (Got a freebie offer in the email)

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
This what I have, do I need worry about any updates?

View attachment 25962
If you don’t have problems with your operating system, leave it alone.

I had problems with two different previous operating systems. Once I updated to 22.10 a couple months ago, my previous problems (SXM Presets graying out) were fixed.

Once again. If your operating system ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!