Installing Aftermarket Amp/Subs in 2019 Buick Regal GS with Bose System.

Woundedpants

Tourx
To resurrect this thread.... I had a speaker blow today (aftermarket and my fault) but anyways I noticed water on the back of the speaker so I decided to upgrade to some Marine rated speakers just in case...

Anyways when I ordered from Crutchfield they sent me these installation instructions. I'm sure these will help others so here they are
Absolute gold! I am so happy that someone especially them took the time to do "research" on our car. They are a great company and I am thrilled that you shared this with us.

Side note. Any concern for the rest of us about water?

Irock1985

2018 Buick Regal
Side note. Any concern for the rest of us about water?
🤷‍♂️ Like I said what blew mine was a brain fart I had adjusting crossovers.... I had just washed my car (with pressure washer) and then took my door apart to check on my speaker. It wasn't soaking or anything but it was there. I think it would take a long time to deteriorate but it's a possibility definitely.

Crutchfield has waterproof speaker baffles that I suggest if you are really worried about it.

Personally I'm more concerned about the other electronics in the door and issues like in some of these other threads

6APPEAL

Deep South
2019 Regal TourX 1987 Grand National
I have to replace the mid bass driver in the passenger door of my truck for the same reason. Ordered a 1" thick poly cutting board to make spacers out of. For some reason the passenger side always leaks more water than the driver side in my truck.

I now have almost everything to start the build in the TourX. Just a few installation pieces left and getting an install window from the shop. I'm going with a simpler system. A pair of 10s in the spare tire well and a 6.5" passive component set with custom tweeter mounts. Going to run 2 amps. I'm attempting to recreate a friend's system that blows everyone away when they listen to it. You absolutely would not believe the system is as simple as it is.

Irock1985

2018 Buick Regal
I have to replace the mid bass driver in the passenger door of my truck for the same reason. Ordered a 1" thick poly cutting board to make spacers out of. For some reason the passenger side always leaks more water than the driver side in my truck.

I now have almost everything to start the build in the TourX. Just a few installation pieces left and getting an install window from the shop. I'm going with a simpler system. A pair of 10s in the spare tire well and a 6.5" passive component set with custom tweeter mounts. Going to run 2 amps. I'm attempting to recreate a friend's system that blows everyone away when they listen to it. You absolutely would not believe the system is as simple as it is.
Indeed it was the passenger door I was looking at....

Well now you have a few helpful instructions if you haven't seen them already...

768mph

Looking to purchase a Regal Tourx

My goal originally is to just sound deaden everything to see how it all turns out and possibly upgrade to Hertz or Polk Audio speakers. But knowing me, i will get more invasive as you are now.
I have used DSPs in the past with great success, and familiar with Audison BitTen In the past.

Have you deadened your doors? Judging by the pics from Crutchfield, they look “solid” already, woth the middle section just needing a cover (not sure how thick that black mat is) and lining the inside of the skins themselves. Next on my list.

(side note) And waiting to do speakers until GM finds a fix for this software dropping sound. Like pulling teeth to get 22.9 from a local dealer, and even then I hear that has issues.

Irock1985

2018 Buick Regal
My goal originally is to just sound deaden everything to see how it all turns out and possibly upgrade to Hertz or Polk Audio speakers. But knowing me, i will get more invasive as you are now.
I have used DSPs in the past with great success, and familiar with Audison BitTen In the past.

Have you deadened your doors? Judging by the pics from Crutchfield, they look “solid” already, woth the middle section just needing a cover (not sure how thick that black mat is) and lining the inside of the skins themselves. Next on my list.

(side note) And waiting to do speakers until GM finds a fix for this software dropping sound. Like pulling teeth to get 22.9 from a local dealer, and even then I hear that has issues.
Hmmm.... Is this a momentary drop in sound or extended? I have experienced my radio working for a few seconds then completely dropping out (except for bass) but it wouldn't recover until the car was restarted. I attributed this to the blown speaker but maybe this is why 🤔

Polk Audio DB 652 DB+ Series 6-1/2" 2-way car speakers — also fit 6-3/4" openings at Crutchfield
Speaking of POLK lol... These are the ones I ordered to replace my Kicker 46CSC.... since I had moved since I purchased mine originally they could not do a warranty swap because they couldn't change the address since I had paid with PayPal so I had to do just a regular return and then reorder but when I originally bought my speakers they were on sale so I said since I'm going to have to pay more I might as well upgrade to something a little better

768mph

Looking to purchase a Regal Tourx
Hmmm.... Is this a momentary drop in sound or extended? I have experienced my radio working for a few seconds then completely dropping out (except for bass) but it wouldn't recover until the car was restarted. I attributed this to the blown speaker but maybe this is why 🤔

Polk Audio DB 652 DB+ Series 6-1/2" 2-way car speakers — also fit 6-3/4" openings at Crutchfield
Speaking of POLK lol... These are the ones I ordered to replace my Kicker 46CSC.... since I had moved since I purchased mine originally they could not do a warranty swap because they couldn't change the address since I had paid with PayPal so I had to do just a regular return and then reorder but when I originally bought my speakers they were on sale so I said since I'm going to have to pay more I might as well upgrade to something a little better
Yes, the sound will drop completely for a second and come back. Doesnt matter if its FM, AM, XM, Bluetooth or Carplay.

Those DBs look great! Please report back on the results!

I plan on replacing the door speakers. Hopefully it doesnt make it too “bright” with the low bass we already have from the rear. But my hopes are deadening the doors coupled with the new speakers with enhance the bass and mids.

Irock1985

2018 Buick Regal
Ok as a follow up...

Got the new speakers in today. Swapped all 4. Put everything back together 🤦🏻‍♂️. Turned the car on and....... Only the rear passenger was playing 😢.

I started thinking how is that possible. So I started looking at the connections. The adapters Crutchfield sends you for free did show a little corrosion so I swapped with the new ones I had and voila!

So, much to learn here...
1.) Check that everything works before putting the door back together.
2.) One of the adapters had the pin pull clean out without any force so double triple check them if you got them.
3.) Water must be getting inside the adapter plug so if at all possible you should skip the adapters by cutting and spliciing the factory adapter. I'd recommend soldering and shrink tubing extension leads to the factory wires and not having "adapters"
4.) I swapped all speakers (2x 😢) WITHOUT removing the door panels completely. I removed bolts and popped clips from the sides and bottom and pulled the bottom of the door away and worked under the panel often looking through the grill to see what I was doing.

These are the adapters I'm referring to btw
g120725600-o.jpg

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited:

6APPEAL

Deep South
2019 Regal TourX 1987 Grand National
Ok as a follow up...

Got the new speakers in today. Swapped all 4. Put everything back together 🤦🏻‍♂️. Turned the car on and....... Only the rear passenger was playing 😢.

I started thinking how is that possible. So I started looking at the connections. The adapters Crutchfield sends you for free did show a little corrosion so I swapped with the new ones I had and voila!

So, much to learn here...
1.) Check that everything works before putting the door back together.
2.) One of the adapters had the pin pull clean out without any force so double triple check them if you got them.
3.) Water must be getting inside the adapter plug so if at all possible you should skip the adapters by cutting and spliciing the factory adapter. I'd recommend soldering and shrink tubing extension leads to the factory wires and not having "adapters"
4.) I swapped all speakers (2x 😢) WITHOUT removing the door panels completely. I removed bolts and popped clips from the sides and bottom and pulled the bottom of the door away and worked under the panel often looking through the grill to see what I was doing.

These are the adapters I'm referring to btw
View attachment 22937

Hope this helps someone.
Sucks that GM considered the inside of doors to be a wet environment. I wonder how it would work if you used heat shrink over the the plug to keep water out. I'm working on a way to attempt to keep water off the back of my new mid-bass drivers in my truck. I believe between the poly spacers I'll be making and an off the shelf water shield I think I'll be alright.

I haven't had time to pull anything apart. During the lockdown I've been putting in 9-10 days, so no time to work on stuff during the week. Pulled a few weekends also. Meaning I've had the new mid-bass drivers for my truck for 2 months and haven't gotten to them either. I have two bulk packs of Dynamat Extreme waiting. Feeling I might need a third once the system is in an the subs crank up.

I'm using a Helix Pro MKII with the Controller and the USB HEC card for high res input from my phone via the Onyko app. I'll be using Linear Power amps and speakers. A 2150 on the pair of 10" subs and the front is a bit undecided with either another 2150 on the LP65 run passive or two 2075 amps running active. I'm thinking of attempting the passive setup since I already have the two 2150 amps.

I've had a few dropouts also, but like yours they are quick. I'm also having a hard time getting the dealer to handle the audio fix to 22.9.

Turbo Buick Badge