Intake

bambam18

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2014 regal turbo 2.0L
I just put an injen intake sp7033blk in my 2014 regal 2.0 and my check engine light is on. What did I do wrong

bambam18

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2014 regal turbo 2.0L
After putting the intake in the turbo is making a weird sound how can I make the blow off sound better. I don't think there is a blow off valve.

ROMAD

Buick Newbie
Maumee, OH
Buick Ownership
2015 Regal GS MR6
Definitely re-check all your connections, but the short answer is: you need a tune. Now, I cannot confirm, since I did my Injen and tune at the same time, but my understanding was that you should not add an intake without a tune on the LTG. I have not thrown a code since installing the Injen.

Maybe older engines you could get away with it, but even on my "old" 2005 LSJ, adding an intake threw a code. So even if you have everything properly installed, you should expect a CEL. The proper way to deal with it, is to get it tuned for the Injen.

Also, and this is hotly debated here, you won't see much/any performance out of it without a tune. Some have even said they lost power. It definitely makes more noise, but that's not for everyone (I like it). I wouldn't put an aftermarket intake on a modern engine without a tune.

pkgmsu2000

Contributing Member
Denver, CO
Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Regal GS
what did you do wrong? you spent a lot of $ for zero gains. even with a tune, maybe 5-7 hp, which fails the butt dyno. the stock intake works remarkably well. no need to mess with it.

bambam18

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2014 regal turbo 2.0L
Ya I had it on backwards. Lol. I got the trifecta tune. It's a lot faster and better. I wish I could get rid of the lag its bugs me and I want to make the blow off sound better u like the noise. Any suggestions? So get rid of lag better noise and maybe a tad faster?? Anything???

Evolv0

Buick Ownership
2017 Regal GS AWD
Ya I had it on backwards. Lol. I got the trifecta tune. It's a lot faster and better. I wish I could get rid of the lag its bugs me and I want to make the blow off sound better u like the noise. Any suggestions? So get rid of lag better noise and maybe a tad faster?? Anything???
Haha good to know it was a simple mixup.. as for the lag, I would double check the play on the waste gate actuator rod, make sure there is none.

If that's good, then you might want to look into getting a downpipe. If you get a downpipe, go back to trifecta and tell them and they should adjust the tune for the mod.

As for sound, I hear BOVs throw a CEL on our cars. But FORGE makes an all metal recirculation valve which certainly sounds better and is less prone to failure.

bambam18

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2014 regal turbo 2.0L
Is it a 3 inch down pipe

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.