Intellilink and USB drives

rgt50wood

Buick Ownership
2014 White Encore Premium FWD
I have just received my new 2013 Verano and love it.
I have, however, a problem using the USB drive while using the Intellilink system.
While the voice commands allow me to select specific songs or artists and gendres etc.. there does not seem to be a command which allows me to return to playing all the MP3 files on the USB drive ( reset selection to "Play All Songs" on the USB drive).
Can anyone help me with the procedures to follow in order to listen to all songs?

Milehighassassin

Buick Ownership
Buick
Are you just using a generic USB thumb drive? The interlink system us designed to operate with a Droid or IPhone type of system.

rgt50wood

Buick Ownership
Yes.. I am using a generic USB thumb drive. The same drive worked well in my previous vehicle ( Ford ).
Ford has a " Play All " voice command that allows you to listen to all songs in the USB drive ( It resets any previous selections on artists or genres ).
It seems the Verano allows me to only hear one artist at the time and not all the artists in the thumb drive

Detroit, USA
I have just received my new 2013 Verano and love it.
I have, however, a problem using the USB drive while using the Intellilink system.
While the voice commands allow me to select specific songs or artists and gendres etc.. there does not seem to be a command which allows me to return to playing all the MP3 files on the USB drive ( reset selection to "Play All Songs" on the USB drive).
Can anyone help me with the procedures to follow in order to listen to all songs?

Hi rgt50wood,

If you would like to call infotainment they will be able to help answer your questions. 855-478-7767
Keep us posted on how it goes!

Kelly J.
Buick Customer Care

rgt50wood

Buick Ownership
Thank you Kelly ( Buick Customer Service ).
I have contacted the Infotainment service, as suggested, and found out there is no "voice command" which can bring you back to a "Play All Songs" selection while using a USB drive and have selected an Artist or a Genre.
The only solution is to manually press on the Menu icon and then Songs icon.
You then select a song from the list and the system will play sequentially from that selected song.
Sort of a work-around, but it works.
For safety ...a suggestion would be to add this feature to the voice commands.

Dan_Lockwood

Buick Ownership
Buick
Not to hijack this thread, but I have two problems with the USB.

First is that most current USB thumb drives are of a certain length, about two and a half inches or so. I have many of them, all different brands and when I plug any of them into the USB socket, they are about a quarter inch too tall and the arm rest will not close.

I cannot believe that they designed a system that "most" USB's are too tall to just plug in without an adaptor harness. Engineers, go figure...

The other USB problem is that I went out and bought a short 32gb USB thrum drive that is barely a half inch long. I copied a bunch of MP3 files from iTunes onto it and the USB drive is not recognized. I used the same type files on the other longer USB drives and they played.

Is there a limit to the capacity that the USB system is programmed to access?

Thanks and again sorry about tagging this onto the bottom of the OP.

Mrdummy

TheFitnessBoard.com
Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Verano
Good question, I only use a Sandisk 8 gig USB drive, but works great.

If I'm listening to xm and say play DMX USB it starts playing that album from USB just fine...

MrD

NBOwner13

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Turbo
Not to hijack this thread, but I have two problems with the USB.

First is that most current USB thumb drives are of a certain length, about two and a half inches or so. I have many of them, all different brands and when I plug any of them into the USB socket, they are about a quarter inch too tall and the arm rest will not close.

I cannot believe that they designed a system that "most" USB's are too tall to just plug in without an adaptor harness. Engineers, go figure...

The other USB problem is that I went out and bought a short 32gb USB thrum drive that is barely a half inch long. I copied a bunch of MP3 files from iTunes onto it and the USB drive is not recognized. I used the same type files on the other longer USB drives and they played.

Is there a limit to the capacity that the USB system is programmed to access?

Thanks and again sorry about tagging this onto the bottom of the OP.

Could it be that the MP3 have Digital Rights Management (DRM)? It's my understanding that the songs on the USB have to be DRM free. If this is not the case try a simple drag-n-drop copy. And yeah it sucks they didn't design it for "typical" USB dimensions :rolleyes:. Luckily I already had a smaller 8GB drive.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!