• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Intellilink issue

CHRIS BOOTH

Buick Ownership
verano
My 2016 Buick Verano radio is shutting off freezing up and screen going black I have notified the dealer and made an appointment to have my car taken in for service what is this issue could it be a software update?

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Premium (2.0T, AT)
You might get lucky with a software update fixing the problem... or not... Seems that when a screen starts going blank you are probably not far away from needing it replaced.

If you look through this Verano forum (and other Buick forums) you will find several threads about blank and "buggy" Intellilink screens/software. IMO it's one of the most the most common weak "links" in this and other GM vehicles.

CHRIS BOOTH

Buick Ownership
verano
You might get lucky with a software update fixing the problem... or not... Seems that when a screen starts going blank you are probably not far away from needing it replaced.

If you look through this Verano forum (and other Buick forums) you will find several threads about blank and "buggy" Intellilink screens/software. IMO it's one of the most the most common weak "links" in this and other GM vehicles.
Thanks for the reply,

I took it in to the dealer it’s still under warranty, they of course didn’t find anything wrong after having my car all day. I have almost a year left of warranty so if it’s going out I hope it does while it’s still covered.
I’ll keep you posted