Intellilink not able to answer calls on iPhone

steve1

Buick Newbie
Buick
Hi all,
Just joined to get some help with a problem. Got a 2013 Verano. My Intellink was able to take calls from my iPhone 6s prior to updating to IOS 10.1.1. Now, when I get a call, I hit the answer button on the steering wheel and with the radio on it connects but then then it goes back to the radio and the caller can hear the radio so now I have to hit the TRANSFER CALL button a couple of times and finally get connected to the caller.

I contacted Buick and they said it must be the phone. I reset my phone but it still has the problem of not able to directly answer a call with using just the answer button on the wheel. I am able to make calls using Intellilink so that works OK but I just can't answer with the one push of the answer button.

If you have any suggestions please let me know. I appreciate you help!

Thanks!
PS: hope I'm in the right place here

Michael121

2015 Verano Turbo
This won't make you feel too much better, but I also have the iPhone 6S and the Intellilink-iPhone connection features have become more flaky since updating my iPhone to 10.1.1. While I can answer a call and it stays in car-speaker mode, when I make an outgoing call, it flips around between the iPhone speaker and car speakers after the first few words. I went to the dealer, who stated that they updated my Intellilink software/firmware, but it made no difference. Un-pairing/re-pairing my phone did not seem to help.

I think that Intellilink has not kept pace with the iOS changes (and I'm not sure if GM has the inclination to do so).

I've also had Bluetooth audio issues that worsen with each iOS iteration.

I'm thinking about resetting the unit (radio/NAV/Bose speakers) to factory default settings (in Configuation) and starting over. Have you tried that?

Jerome

Salt Lake City
2017 Acadia Denali, 2014 Verano Leather, 2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T
It sounds more like an IOS issue. If it happened to both of you when updating to 10.1.1 Then it is either a bug in 10.1.1 or Apple has decided to not adhere to Bluetooth's Hands Free Profile for making phone calls (Which means they can't use the Bluetooth Name).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bluetooth_profiles

"A Bluetooth profile is a specification regarding an aspect of Bluetooth-based wireless communication between devices."

steve1

Buick Newbie
Buick
I'll try a Intellilink re-set and see if that works....

Thank you guys!

Nicholaspgh

Pittsburgh, PA
2012 Buick Verano
I have the 6S Plus. Ive had the same problem even after getting a new radio and getting the GM update. GM cannot help as they have no updated it to work with the newer iOS. Apple wont change anything because they say its not on their end. BE patient and hope GM gets an update soon. Or check your local dealer to make sure you have the updated version installed

pmo

Buick Newbie
Buick
I have the 6S Plus. Ive had the same problem even after getting a new radio and getting the GM update. GM cannot help as they have no updated it to work with the newer iOS. Apple wont change anything because they say its not on their end. BE patient and hope GM gets an update soon. Or check your local dealer to make sure you have the updated version installed
Has anyone found a fix. I have this exact phone and exact issue.

G-440675

I have the same problem. Has anyone found a fix?

Turbo Buick Badge