Intellilink upgrade to support Apple Carplay? And DVD question.

Thread starter #1

Ahnold

Buick Ownership
2016 Enclave Premium
I just purchased a 2016 Enclave Premium. The Intellilink system has navigation and DVD for the 2nd row ceiling mounted screen. I'd really like to get Apple Carplay in the system. Does Buick/GM sell any current upgrades to the Intellilink system to add Carplay for my car year?

Also, does anyone know if folks in the back can watch / listen to a DVD using the wireless headphones while I listen to XM or radio via the main Bose speakers?

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
GM does not sell upgrades to Intellilink. You can try a search for an aftermarket solution. Concerning your second question do you have both the owners manual and the Infotainment manual?

Thread starter #3

Ahnold

Buick Ownership
2016 Enclave Premium
Hi, @MelsRegal. Thanks for your reply. I believe I have both manuals (if not, I'm sure I can get them online). I'll dig through those to see if they say.

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
On the Apple Carplay, there's been some updates on newer Buick models, but you will find out that unlike the real OS systems companys, Windows, Apple, Android, the GM system escapes all logic with mid year changes and no legacy support just to name a few. You can try and contact a dealer to see if any firmware / software updates are available, I'm may put it at doubtful but it's worth a call.

Aftermarket may also be limited but something may be available for your year. I know Crutchfield and Sonic Electronix have some add on upgrades for factory units, but most of what I've seen is for adding audio inputs sources.

On the XM DVD question, trying it may be the only way to know for sure.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.